Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What is this old hotrod coupe body?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by corndog, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Gandalf T Grey

Gandalf T Grey

33/34 Dodge or Plymouth as others have said. Is a rumble seat car, as the trunk lid opening goes all the way down to the large bead at the bottom of that rear filler panel. 33 front posts are straight, and 34s are laid back a bit ( 5-10° )at the bottom of the windshield as has been noted above. The cowl vents and dash inserts LOOK the same, but are a bit different in size (insert is wider, and cowl vent deeper ) between the 2 years. Coupes have a "factory chop", so correct year 4 door sedan doors are Close, but need to be shortened to fit the opening. I bought a 34 as a parts car for a 33, and found that a LOT of things are different once you get them side by side. Dodge "DP" series stands for "Deluxe Plymouth", so body shell is the same for a 6 cylinder car.

2. IronTrap

IronTrap

Was looking at that one too. Some neat stuff at that sale! ;)

3. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

As a follow-up on the post...the body was for sale at an on-line-only estate auction. It sold for $1250. I was able to go to the auction site a week ahead of the sale and I did find most of the other parts like the doors, trunk lid, window garnish, original frame, windows, fenders, etc. All of those items were sold separately from the body and the body sold first. I did not buy the body but did try to buy some of the parts but did not get any of them. I think the guy who bought the body did end up with the related parts but I dont know what he ended up paying as a total. I know the doors went for $800 for the pair and the truck lid went for $750 and I think the door garnish set went for about $800. Not the most ideal way to buy a complete car!

4. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Trunk lids have for a long time been unobtanium so that seems like a fair price to pay.

loudbang likes this.
  5. WC Durant

WC Durant

I bought the 34 Plymouth in my avatar without the trunk lid. Made my own, have less than a day in it. Was missing the passenger door, so cut down a Dodge sedan door to fit. They are an awesome looking coupe, but hard to find parts as others have indicated. I'm missing the rear passenger garnish still.

oliver westlund likes this.
  6. These look awesome on deuce rails as stated earlier. There is a wicked chocolate primer one in Cali with a 34 Ford grill, chopped. Car is beautiful!

-Shiny

7. my 33 Plymouth 72776351_10157650513888088_5335374641865162752_n.jpg

8. So far the price was $ 3600, which doesn't sound like a bad deal, depending on the overall condition. at least he stepped up to get what he wanted.

9. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Solid as it looks in the pics I'd say that was a heck of a buy.