Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1960 Lincoln parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lilbdfrd, Jul 16, 2020.

1. lilbdfrd

lilbdfrd

I’m looking for a replacement gas tank for my 1960 Lincoln premier or something similar from another vechicle that would fit. Any suggestions would be great I’m not finding anything on the web.

2. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Probably have to have a custom one made or adapt a universal one. I doubt anybody reproduces one for it.

3. Slopok

Slopok

4. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Check Hemmings Motor News. There are quite a few vintage Lincoln recyclers who advertise regularly.

5. squirrel

squirrel

Finding something else that would fit, would probably require knowing what size the hole is that it fits in...filler location...et.

Because not many of us have memorized the appearance and dimensions of a 60 Lincoln gas tank.

btw when I needed a tank for the 59 Edsel I had, I spent some time measuring under the rear of the car, then looking at tanks for many different cars that you can buy on rockauto.com. They give pictures and dimensions of many of them, I was able to find a Chevelle tank that needed just a little filler neck modification, it worked out fine.

Moriarity and VANDENPLAS like this.
  6. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

When I needed a new fuel tank for a very rare 1932 Plymouth Sedan convertible that I was building, I sent the old one down to Rick's Tanks and they copied it with a brand new Stainless tank. The price wasn't nearly as bad as one would think. The workmanship and quality was second to none.

Genco Fabrication Inc.
    Rick’s Tanks
    228 E. Sunset Rd.
    El Paso, Texas 79922
    https://rickstanks.com/

If you are even a mildly skilled sheet metal fabricator, you can make your own. I recreated the fuel tank in my 1962 Mercury Monterey Wagon. It was not that difficult. I used KBS Coatings Tank sealer after all the welding was done. Been problem free for 5 years and 30,000 miles.

The original rusted and punctured tank.
    [​IMG]

The replacement
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    302GMC likes this.