Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Chrome Slot Wheel ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chickenridgerods, Jul 10, 2020.

1. I recently purchased some crazy looking old hot rod brakes, and they came with these skinny chrome slot wheels. Can anyone ID what brand these are besides "Generic"?

They are steel, 15x4“, 5x5.5” bolt pattern, with 1” x 3.5” slots. The caps are plain bullets.

The following marks are on the backside:

E FORD
    M 448

Attached Files:

Deuces and Max Gearhead like this.
  2. I'd be willing to bet those originally came on a trailer. The 5-on-5.5 bolt pattern is common on the larger trailers. And trailer manufacturers are known to have inexpensive versions of 'custom' wheels made for their own use as optional upgrade wheels. The 'backwards' dish of the centers will probably prevent those from fitting in a lot of automotive applications.

3. alchemy

alchemy

What were the crazy brakes? ;)

4. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Naw, I don't think they are off a trailer. Why would they put E Ford on there? I bet that stands for "E"arly Ford. And of course the 15 is the diameter.

Roadsir likes this.

5. The rear surface is actually flat and seems pretty well centered in the rim, although I didn't bother measuring the backspacing. I don't think they've have a problem fitting under the front fenders of something like a '32 Ford. They are narrow.

6. MO54Frank likes this.
  7. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

They're not Appliance since they used a seperate retaining ring for the lug nuts to seat against. Your wheels look thick in the middle so you can tighten tapered lug nuts against it. Shore Calnevar? I also agree that they are cool...

8. They might be Astros.

bowie likes this.
  9. Yeah, they're a bit thicker in the middle and then the lug holes are machined with a bit of a counterbore and tapered seat.

10. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

They look like the spare wheels off of a crown vic, around 96-02 style,I doubt thats what they are,OEM wheels normally werent that narrow. Harvey

11. LOL I was thinking the exact same thing. I really need fronts and crazy is right up my ally. o_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek:o_O:D

Max Gearhead likes this.
  12. They were these crazy looking things:

Attached Files:

Max Gearhead and Deuces like this.
  13. Oh, it's just $1K worth of Kinmont discs....

porknbeaner likes this.
  14. That's pretty funny.:)

15. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Deuces likes this.
  16. Yeah, you're probably right. If he got them cheap, this was a major score...

17. Deuces

Deuces

I think those are cool...

18. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

Back in 1991 I had a set of centerline 10 hole aluminum wheels on a new short bed Chevy that were damaged in an “incident”.The wheel had been replaced by a Centerline 10 hole aluminum truck wheel that had a steel insert between the two half’s at the hole pattern like your wheels.
    Cool score there.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. OK that was my next post that I would have made. I could learn to live with those crazy looking fronts. :D