Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage SHADES RUN CANCELLED!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodA, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Just got a notice on FB that the Shades of the Past Run in Pigeon Forge has been cancelled.
    [​IMG]

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Seems like the smart thing to do. HRP

lothiandon1940, rockable and chop job like this.
  3. They cancelled the last rod run but a lot of people showed up with their cars in Pigeon Forge.Bruce.

4. Gman0046

Gman0046

Btuce, thats not unusual fot the Shades. When it was held in the open field dust bowl quite a few people I know never made it to the rod run site. The action on the strip at night was all the action they came for.

Gary

5. Gary, I have heard for years how good the Woodward cruise in Michigan but I was there in 2014 and although it was huge there were very few hot rods & customs, mainly new Detroit Iron, Challengers, Mustangs and hundreds of mundane daily drives, I was disappointed.

A gentleman seated beside me told me he had being to Pigeon Forge and said this cruise use to be like Pigeon Forge every week back in the 60's & 70's.

I know what he is talking about, as good as the street show is in Pigeon Forge it's nothing like it use to be. HRP

6. pkhammer

pkhammer

You are so right! The wife and I have been attending the Fall rod runs in Pigeon Forge for years. The crowds of lookers wanting to see the cars cruise the strip has outnumbered the rodders. It has become so jammed it basically made the rodders park for the evening rather than sit idling trying to get thru town. So now the rodders sit in their lawn chairs and watch the other tourists cruise the strip! :rolleyes:

7. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I’ve heard Cruising the Coast is the same way. I always wanted to go to Shades and the Coast, but after some friends went and told me about the traffic, I decided to just stay with the smaller shows. I get into enough traffic jams while working, damn if I want to sit in one on my leisure time!

With everybody panicked like they are, I doubt many large or small shows will go on this year.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  8. pkhammer

pkhammer

The fall rod run the very next week in Pigeon Forge is still on as of now it looks like. Sometimes we attend both as do many others. Traffic is just as bad. :(

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  9. JOHN H EDGE

JOHN H EDGE

Take in the lone star roundup in Austin Texas
    A great hot rod show and some of the best music
    Being played all day. Good flea market. One of the best evening cruises in downtown Austin during the weekend
    Take in the Thursday BBQ out in the country. Cool setting
    Outside Austin,great food,good band and the burnouts leaving the party are worth the trip. Lots of hard core hot rods and kool customs

10. I used to go when traffic used to move about 10 years ago.Now i dont go I dont like sitting in traffic .I take my car to the knoxville, Newport, and Greenville and other near by shows shows now.Bruce.