Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1947 cadillac conv "price drop"

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by theHIGHLANDER, Sep 18, 2018.

1. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

City: Monroe

State: Michigan
    Price: $60K firm
    Well here's another no-rust-never-had-rust Classic Car. That's right, a 47 Cadillac model 62 from California. Sold new at Don Lee Cadillac in LA, original stick shift car, ownership records back to 1950. I remember when they got it in the 80s, the finish hasn't changed a lick since then and nothing you'd be sad to show off given how long ago it was done (late 60s maybe). Every record of service is included with the car as is the delivery paper from Cadillac showing options, colors, etc. Currently Lotus Cream with green leather/tan cloth interior as pictured. Interior is lovely, no cracks, tears, hardly any wear whatsoever. Top is not new but there's not a thing wrong with it. No scuffs, tears, wear spots, cracking, just a really good black top. Hydraulics all work as they should. Radio lights up but doesn't play, stainless and chrome are well above average. The sheet metal is a dream come true, never a spot of rust, PERIOD. Frame and suspension are clean too without the typical eastern or midwest "bad complexion" from rust pits. Look at the pictures, ask questions. I'd say this car scores about 88-90 pts in judging. It runs, steers, stops and rides like, well, like a Cadillac. This car is very fairly priced at $68,500. That's on the low side of most price guides for this condition. Get it done in time and I'll deliver to Hershey for fuel cost (about $200). I can be reached here by DM or:

[email protected]

phone or text at:

734 637 1421 (please leave a msg if no answer, I will return the call)
    033.jpg 035.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 014.jpg 015.jpg 016.jpg
    Yes, we have the aircleaner
    019.jpg
    020.jpg
    037.jpg
    004.jpg
    005.jpg

2. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why here? Ok, imagine this if you will. A 49 Roadmaster deck lid bolts on and latches right. Gives the back a slight bustle. Shave the emblems front and rear. Lower the back end a little, voila. Instant badass custom without ruining a thing. And it's a stick shift car, born that way. Did I say it was a solid California NO RUST car? I think I did, but yeah, NO RUST, EVER.

arkiehotrods likes this.
  3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Since there were some fine examples of such at the GNRS I thought I'd bump this up. While really way too nice for major surgery there's some really easy and reversible mods that make these one of the ultimate period customs. Always willing to hear sincere offers. Thanks...

arkiehotrods likes this.
  4. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All the mild and radical customs of these lately? Well this one at this price is a gift, a dream come true. All the expense for interior, chrome, mechanical, not needed. Get in and drive it. Go right to your changes and forget rust repairs, frame surgery, hardcore rebuilding. Drop it and drive it, instant custom. The car was delivered new as a stick shift and it makes it really "perky" in local traffic. Nobody scrambling to get around or away from you. If this is what you want to customize you won't be sorry. You wouldn't be sorry if you left it alone either. Reasonable and sincere offers welcome.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019

5. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

With all the buzz of Cadillac customs last week lets bump this up, shall we...?

6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Recent full polish on the finish, excellent results. Will be at Hershey in Oct. You won't be disappointed.
    20190602_204255.jpg 20190602_194436.jpg

arkiehotrods likes this.
  7. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here she is, ready for Hershey where she should be the Belle of the Ball. Look for it in the Car Corral, I arrive on the eve of 10-8 and will be there until 10-12. Cya then...;)
    20191003_165559.jpg 20191003_165701.jpg 20191003_165625.jpg 20191003_165757.jpg

arkiehotrods likes this.
  8. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Had a few tire kickers lately. Anyone serious about a truly premium custom Cadillac probably couldn't find a better starting point than this. Why restore a rotten barn find when starting with the best makes ultimate sense, right? And it's a Don Lee car as well. Cadillac folks know what that means. Serious offers welcomed.

9. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Every GI's dream car is how these were once dubbed. Let's bump it up in honor of our vets today.

10. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Look at her. You know you want it, right?
    [​IMG]

BigChief likes this.
  11. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another GNRS come n gone, and someone else had an awesome 47 Caddy conv slammed n slick. I wonder if they started with a field car or something ready to simply add custom touches to.

I've had lots of interest but no deal yet. Once again this a a manual 3 spd which is a little had to come by in a 47, and in fact many folks swapped out the Hyrdamatic for the manual get up over the years but this one was born that way. Road manners are night and day difference with the stick. I see you out there, don't be shy, let's talk...

12. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's been a while, and while the nation is collectively scratching it's head over the viral madness I think some of "us" are probably in the mood for something special. Yes, I still have it and have done nothing to push it along lately. At the satrt of the season I turned on the battery, hit the electric fuel pump switch to fill the carb then turned it off. 2 pumps of the long pedal and it fired right up. Warmed it up for 3-4 minutes, dropped the top and off me and Mrs Highlander went. No worries, no fuss, no issues. So aside from wanting a no rust never wrecked California car like this what else is there besides get in and go? Whether you want a one to roll as-is or something to do an ultimate mild custom I don't think there's a better chance than this one.
    240.jpg

13. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've lowered the price to the rock bottom line. I thought with the emergence of so many customs based on these the condition and price would make great sense. I dunno, maybe I should raise the price...:eek: