Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage NSRA Nationals Louisville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Jul 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gilbert Bugg (RIP) was Vernon's partner and heard Bubba Bugg is no longer associated with the NSRA. HRP

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    OLDSMAN likes this.
  2. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Yes Gilbert Bugg was a partner with Vern Walker. He stopped his association with NSRA a few years before he passed away

3. Bubba and his sister along with Vern are still listed as owners in the most recent Post Office filing in Nov. 2019 issue of Street Scene.

4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Bubba may on the post office filling nut he has not been active for several years.

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

BA don't bother looking for Lloyd. He canceled out.

6. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I was on the NSRA field force for over 20 years and Bubba did drop his association with them several years before he passed away. I can’t find my latest magazine to see if his name is still listed in the magazine

7. Gman0046

Gman0046

Trust me the city of Louisville and the state of Kentucky will not be making 11-15 million this year. Attendance will be way down. I also expect a lot of vendors to cancel out.

Normally with about 3 weeks to go before the Nats its impossible to find a hotel/motel room anywhere close to the Fairgrounds or in the greater Louisville area. A friend of mine told me right now you can take your pick of hotel/motels due to numerous cancellations.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Yep, you talked me right out of going ;) I don't go there to look at Easter egg colored cars with fancy wheels, i go for the swap meet and vendors, and at $338 a night for the hotel, it's not worth taking the chance that nobody shows up. o_O

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

$338 a night for a hotel? Is that with or without? It better be with for that kind of money.

da34guy likes this.
  10. I think you are confusing jr. With sr.
    Unless happened in 2020, Bubba has not passed.

11. $338 a night for the hotel?

That's larceny! HRP
    s3-news-tmp-333183-martin_sheen--default--1280.png

12. Gman0046

Gman0046

HRP, based upon your post, I'll put you down for not going. Is that a definite?

I don't need a hotel and don't have any idea what this whole shebang is going to look like. The Kentucky Governor has decreed all Kentuckians need to wear a mask in public. In 90 plus heat wearing a mask doesn't sound like fun to me. One of my biggest concerns is picking up the event window sticker and entry buttons. Thats usually a shoulder to shoulder goat rope. If nothing else, I can cruise the Fairgrounds and make a determination after seeing whats going on. The worst case for me is to just drive on.

13. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I maybe wrong, but I thought I was told that Bubba had passed away. I have been wrong before

14. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

It’s been a few years since I was at the nationals but I never paid $338 a night for a room. That’s highway robbery

15. Yep. That was the Hilton.

16. Had to look, i was wrong, $312. I'm not perfect ;) Screenshot_20200712-204502_Gmail.jpg

17. You are correct, I wouldn't be comfortable traveling to Louisville (Jefferson County) the area where the pandemic is out of control. HRP

18. I'll spend my money at bowling green. Gives me 2 extra weeks to work on my car.

19. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

$312 for a room for ONE NIGHT? Damn, that sumbitty better come with hot and cold running naked women and all the beer you can drink!:D:D:D

scotty t, bob b., chopped and 2 others like this.
  20. Gman0046

Gman0046

Thats another definite concern. The police shooting occurred in March and the civil unrest has been going on ever since.

21. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Given the Mayor of Louisvilles lack of a spine I have to wonder whose side he would be on if protesters decided to disrupt the traffic flow at the Nationals? He never supports the police and the Nats would be an easy target and a major news story. Yep, the mayor would surely have a conundrum on his lap. Millions of dollars or thousands of voters........what to do????????

I grew up in Louisville and worked most of my life there. Had a lot of memories. Now I wouldn't live there and I hope they go broke. They are well on their way!

22. Gman0046

Gman0046

We sold our Florida Beach House April 2019 and moved back to Louisville full time as our Daughters family is in Louisville. Begining to think we sold the wrong House. Seriously thinking we may go back. Its a good time to sell in Louisville right now. Prices in the suburbs are up and the inventory is down. Moving would probably be good for us as our current house and property requires a lot of yard work and is in a highly wooded area. The Fall and leaves require a lot of work.

Louisville is the arm pit of Kentucky. Mismanaged in every which way.

In Florida you can get a house with an enclosed pool, not too much property. Kick back at your private pool and go fishing for relaxation.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    uncleandy 65, da34guy and loudbang like this.
  23. im camping in my trailer 50.00 per night. its connected to the fair grounds.

24. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

I have been going for a lot of years and last year was a cluster because of it being the 50th. NSRA knew it was going to be big and did nothing to help the traffic in and out of the fairgrounds. There are other entrance's to the grounds but were not used. I will not be going this year for a number of reasons. I think Louisville is a city I don't need to go to this year. Bill

25. egads

egads

That's funny, When I was growing up they were called RIOT'S.

26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm closing this thread because some people are incapable of having this conversation without getting political. Those posts were deleted.

I'm also closing this thread because some people are ignorant racists. Those accounts were banned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.