Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods TEXAS HAMB RELAY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JJK, Apr 14, 2020.

1. JJK

JJK

I've got a disassembled 32 frame in Amarillo I need to get to Austin. If anyone is able to make that happen please contact me via Private messages- JJK

2. JJK

JJK

Thanks @lothiandn1940 up!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. JJK

JJK

4. 5window

5window

How about one of the haulers in the HAMB-o-dex? Bill's Auto Works?

5. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Contact BenD.

31hotrodguy likes this.
  6. JJK

JJK

7. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Google says it's just under 500 miles from Amarillo to Austin. I thought by Texas standards that was just around the block? And its required to have a p/u in Texas so grab a cold one and hit the road. Of course if that's not an option at least this will bump you to the top.

8. RMONTY

RMONTY

It wasnt that long ago that you could drink beer while driving in Texas legally, as long as you weren't drunk. Now, if they even smell alcohol on you, it's as good as you being snot slingin' drunk, your ass is going to jail!

9. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm 73. I vividly remember (I think) drinking a beer or a quart on the way home from work, especially at night. It was considered a "rite of passage" by all good Redneck Texicans, before MADD ! ! As another poster stated, as long as you weren't smashed you would be lightly threatened by the BIG OLD COP and instructed to get your ass home after he watched you and your buddies pour out all that cold beer in the Igloo. It really hurt to see several chilled quarts of Texas' finest feed the daises. Back in the late, late, '50s and '60s, no one ever seemed to get really drunk and then drive anywhere. Shit, that was fun ! !

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Boneyard51 likes this.
  10. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back then, I thought the length of a drive in Texas was measured in how many 6 packs were required not in miles? Times have changed and now that I'm an old fart I can add, for the better.

treb11 likes this.
  11. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Yes Sir,,Rodies were as common as Slurpee, every store had the little bags that fit.

12. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I seem to remember in the late 60's one could pull into a drive in restaurant in the Arlington, TX, area and order a cheeseburger, fries, and a long neck bottle of Pearl. The roller skating car hop would bring the tray right on out.

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  13. JJK

JJK