Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage NSRA Nationals Louisville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Jul 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. August 6th-9th, anybody got plans to go? I'm just gonna be there Saturday and Sunday. Just a heads up, the governor issued an executive order today that mandates the use of facemask for at least the next 30 days. Hope to see some of you there. I'm staying at the Hilton. And I'll be out on Phillips Avenue in the 57 wagon Saturday night. Yell at me! :D:cool:

2. Not this year, I can't imagine siting around in all the heat wearing a mask. HRP

3. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

It’s official if you are at the Nats you’ll be in a mask or fined .

loudbang and chop job like this.
  4. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

I always wear a mask, but I have to say that I'll believe it when I see it. There is a big difference between signing an edict and being able to actually enforce it. You sure didn't see any law enforcement during the protests and I can't imagine a lot of people from out of state giving a crap about getting a ticket in Ky. I think they tried that with the tolls on the downtown bridges and other states refused to co-operate.We'll see........

loudbang likes this.

5. I will be there. I don't care about wearing a mask I have worked in a cath lab for the last 30 years wearing one 40 hrs a week. It's really not that big of a deal.

6. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not this year for me. Maybe next year.

7. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Our group decided we’re taking a pass this year about a month ago.
    I can’t see how the exhibit/vender hall along with the food court can have any semblance of order with the crowds that gather inside especially with the heat.
    I may be wrong but it just doesn’t seem one can have a usual “Nat’s” experience under the conditions put forward. We’ll try again next year....

8. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Would like to do it again ,it has been 20 years since the last time. I am retiring after this year so maybe next year I might take a trip or two. God knows I haven't gone anywhere this year! Spent my whole life working in the construction and automotive trade's, so just like Brian in medical using a mask is no big deal. Whether your sucking up bondo , or drywall dust, or a virus a ounce of precaution is worth a pound of cure! For all that do go , be safe and post a ton of pictures to cure my no car show blues this year. Larry

hotrodharry2 and chopped like this.
  9. No offense intended but working in a environmentally controlled lab wearing protective PPE is a lot different than walking around in the oppressive heat & humidity wearing a mask in Kentucky in August, especially for a lot of us old farts.

I hope you have a great time. HRP

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  10. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Not this year, we all voted as a group to cancel. With everything I'm seeing on the news and reading in the papers I don't see how N.S.R.A. didn't cancel it for this year. I guess it increases everyone's chances for the giveaway car.

11. Gman0046

Gman0046

Lloyd in good times I don't even bother to go out there on Sunday as most have already hit the road for the trip home. Its virtually empty on Sunday. If at all possible I'd show up Friday and Saturday. With everything thats going on with COVID-19 and the civil unrest in Louisville over the Police shootings, I'm going to be surprised if the Nats take place at all. The normal temperature is usually in the nineties and I can't imagine wearing a mask in that heat and humidity. I'm registered and don't need a hotel so if it does take place I'll show up but am very uncertain what it will look like. We usually rent a large tent but haven't bothered to get in on it this year. Plan on parking where ever I can. I believe the turnout will be way down. Its going to be interesting to see how the give away car drawing will be handled. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Gary

12. If all i have to do is wear a mask to get out and enjoy some normalcy, then so be it. Since the beginning of March I've had to wear a mask every time we leave the firehouse. My ol' lady works in the emergency room so she's more than accustomed to it. Not a big deal. Worth it to have some fun ;):D I'm sure the numbers will be down, but i don't give a shit. And I don't concern myself with what others do. It's all about cars.

13. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Saw a little bit more about the mask edict from our governor. Apparently its directed more at businesses like restaurants and forward facing fronts. Not sure how they would enforce it in a bar....kinda hard to drink a beer with a mask on. Anyway enforcement apparently is supposed to happen by employees of the health department, so I don't see how they are going to write any citations to individuals. That being said, I would expect attendance to be much lower than usual. I would say that anyone roving about on the outdoor area probably should carry a mask in their pocket but for the most part don't think they will need it out there. Indoors, I would wear one. If you are with a group of friends under a tent, probably a good choice.
    Oh I just saw a note that says Bonneville Speed Week is on for August.

Lloyd's paint & glass likes this.
  14. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've written this year off. I'm not taking any unnecessary chances of contracting Covid-19. Eating in a restaurant would make me very uncomfortable. I will live to attend plenty of shows next year.

15. Or the year after that! :cool: HRP

16. 34Larry

34Larry

RE: holding the NSRA Nationals Louisville.:rolleyes:
    "A little bit of idiotodicy (I know I know, spelling)makes the virus go round, makes the virus go round. A little bit of idiot makes the virus go round". Sung to Mary Poppins "A spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down.
    In my book looking at cars or showing mine is not worth my life or laying in a hospital room gasping for breath, and/or endangering my family:eek:.

Edit 50 minuets later.
    Not wanting to be negative, and I know how much we all look forward to this and the G.Guys, I thought I'd explain my comment.
    You will recall all this crap got underway in late Feb., early March here in my back yard. I witnessed first hand the callowness and the calling BS that came about by the disbelievers, & from my own brother whom I love very deeply.
    Living in the area where just breathing can kill you before your time is alarming enough, but when you see how this can attack and kill in as little four hours for some or over four to eight weeks for others, it will make you take every precaution you can, especially staying away from crowds. And while masks are very much a deterrent, they ain't a panica in prevention and not 100% the answer to preventing it. I have witnessed this first hand, have lived over 81 years in large population centers and have never see or heard in those 81+ years of any thing as bad this is. I invite you to google what a virus lung turns into and ask yourself if you want to go out that way. I spent the last hours of my dads life dying from lung disease with him and this is 1000 times worse, and as a result my wife and I have not left the house/yard since the first week in March except for me getting groceries and gas. And yes its hard, damned hard, but I have two daughters, a stepdaughter, two dogs whom I worship, and a loving wife and partner in life to think about and protect and I'm not going to endanger all that for self satisfaction over anything.

17. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Are the restaurants even open or is it still, take out only?

18. Louisville is in Jefferson county and it has the highest death rate due to covid19 in the entire state.

222 have died to date, it seems a little irresponsible for NSRA to proceed with the Nationals, if one person is exposed and succumbs to the virus is it worth it.

Everyone is entitled to make their on decision. HRP

19. 34Larry

34Larry

222 have died to date, it seems a little irresponsible for NSRA to proceed with the Nationals, if one person is exposed and succumbs to the virus, is it worth it???????

No. Think of their family, friends and all the grief caused :(:(, over wanting to look a cars. Absolutely unbelievable.

20. Gman0046

Gman0046

HRP, You've got it right. Louisville and Jefferson County are the most populous city and county in Kentucky and the site of the NSRA Nats. Its only natural they have the largest COVID-19 death rate.

The Kentucky Governor yesterday decreed all Kentuckians must wear a face mask in public places effective today July 10. Walking around the Fairgrounds looking at cars in low to high 90's wearing a face mask doesn't seem too enjoyable or practical to me.

I'm still not 100% sure the whole shebang will take place. No question the attendance will be affected.

Legends47, i.rant and lothiandon1940 like this.
  21. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

As of today its still taking place. Called them and they said They do have a plan for ticket pickup that won't allow the usual overcrowding at Papa Johns stadium. Apparently its going to be limiting the number of people inside the building. One person out and one person in. I wonder how they are going to line them up outside though? If you look at some charts you will see that basically anyone under 60 has pretty good odds. It goes way up over 60, but I have to wonder if that isn't skewed somewhat by the number of people that are in nursing homes when they reach that age......no thanks to Gov Cuomo of NY.

loudbang and Gman0046 like this.
  22. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I have CHF , the heat is tough anyway , and a mask on top of it . You might as well take turns standing on my chest . It just isn’t worth , the thought of thinking that a car show , is responsible for causing death of a loved one .

23. Well i understand everything that all of you are saying, trust me, i don't just wear a mask to go to the store, I have handled more patients with the virus than most, so has my wife. It's our job. I don't live in fear of anything. It's not in my blood, if it was I'd have to change my career. I'm smart about the whole situation. No it's not about looking at a car. I do that almost every day, it's about seeing old friends that I've seen at these shows for years. But I'll tell ya what, due to the conversation i had with Gary on the phone today (thanks for the call g-man) i realize that more than likely it's gonna be a flop this year, so i called an canceled my reservations. Guess I'll stay home and wait for the reunion ;)

24. I registered last year to attend- The border is still closed and even if it wasn’t-with the current COVID situation - not worth it for me.

hotrodharry2 likes this.
  25. This virus isn't going away. It will be around next year to and the year after that. The vaccine they talk about coming out soon so far only targets one strain. The virus has already mutated over twenty times. We will forever be chasing the next strain just like the flu. So you might as well learn how to protect yourself so you can leave the house. Or sell all your cars cheap to me because you wont allow yourself to enjoy them.

egads, flatford39 and BamaMav like this.
  26. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Exactly my feelings. Hiding from it won't do any good, it's here, hiding won't make it go away. Just like the flu and the common cold, it will always be here. The mortality rate is going down, which is a good thing. Life itself is a risk, you just have to decide how much a risk you want to take.....

loudbang likes this.
  27. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

I think one of the worst things about this virus is the misinformation because the experts want to err on the side of caution. Whatever one expert tells us, another one disagrees.

lothiandon1940 and scotty t like this.
  28. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I plan on it. I’ll look for ya

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

This is why$$$$$$$$$$. both NSRS AND state/city of L’ville. 11-15 million into the economy during those 7-10 days.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Money drives all car organizations today. They lost sight of what this hobby started out as, just a love for our old cars. I firmly believe that all events this size should have been canceled already. Shame on you Vern Walker.

da34guy, lothiandon1940, slug and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.