Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Weepy Deuce Tank

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by beater32, Jul 10, 2020.

1. beater32

beater32

So I'm not sure what to do here... I pressure tested before painting and it's on its first tank and has developed this slow leak where there's a gap in the soldered on bracket. Is there anything I could seal that with? Tank doesn't have any sealer inside so maybe that's an option but I've never been convinced about that stuff.. 20200711_124700.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A310Y using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. swifty

swifty

Is that the triangular bracket which is on each end of the tank and goes from the top of the tank down the side to the mounting flange? If so what is the bolt head in the middle? Those brackets are only stiffening pieces soldered onto the tank so there should not be any fuel leaking from that area.

3. beater32

beater32

Yep that's the one. I'm wondering if it's split at the join of the top and bottom tank halfs and is working it's way down and escaping there?
    Sent from my SM-A310Y using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. beater32

beater32

5. I have used POR15 tank kits in the past with success over multiple decades.

6. swifty

swifty

My 32 tank had major surgery to clear the Champ QC so I used a POR 15 tank kit-definitely not cheap- but just to be on the safe side. Has not been tested yet.

7. I'm afraid the por-15 is a temporary band-aid fix, it was in my case.

The logical thing to do is bite the bullet and remove the tank & make the proper repair. HRP