Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tan Bedouin Grain Leather - Where to buy?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by roll of the dices, Jul 9, 2020.

1. I ordered a sample interior card from Mike's just to end up with more questions than answers....
    The sample card from Cartouche that I received shows two pictures of a roadster bench seat, in what it looks like to be an orange/tan like leather material; however, both materials offered for sale are brown. :-(
    When I called the sales person he didn't know what color was used in the pictures shown.

I've seen the color use in combination with Ford Washington Blue and that is what I am after for my '30 deluxe Roadster.

After a few searches I found the color to be "Two-tone Tan Bedouin grain genuine leather"

Now I am searching, online and couple supply houses, for the material by the yard/hide, so I can do my own interior but can't find it anywhere that sells it or knows about it.

Is there another name for it? Something similar that you have used?

interior3.jpg image.jpg images1.jpg

2. Try relicate leather they seem to be able to make anything you want.

Sent from my SM-G950W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

woody45 likes this.
  3. woody45

woody45
    Member Emeritus

Like K13 said, Relicate is a great leather source. Also, the Leather Hide Store has an almost exact match called "Saddle Bag".

4. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

But do they have "fine Corinthian leather"?

XXL__ likes this.

5. woody45

woody45
    Member Emeritus

Not since the passing of Ricardo Montalban.....

51504bat likes this.
  6. woody45

woody45
    Member Emeritus

Here is a pic of interior I just completed using "saddle bag" leather from the Leather Store. 20200218_152759.jpg

-Brent- and Gangrene like this.
  7. I like that color. Many years ago, when I was still a bachelor and prone to spend instead of save, I splurged on a custom made, 16-foot long, leather sectional in a similar color. It's good stuff, full hide, not a split and it has lots of very nice, big pieces on the back. It's also a natural finish with no manmade, bi-cast coating to make a pattern match.
    She Who Must Be Obeyed has relegated it to my 'computer/study room' which is a waste because no one sits on it except the pups. Plus I badly need cabinets and storage in there so lately I briefly played around with the idea of selling it. But I really don't want to deal with a bunch of bottom feeders and eventually wind up selling for less than $1000 so I think I'm going to salvage the leather and bust up the frame for the trashman.
    I want to use the leather in my '50 Chevy panel truck project and keep the leftovers for any "just in case" situations.

006.JPG

fauj likes this.
  8. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

I would post your question on the Fordbarn also.

9. Thank you all for the replies.
    I reached out to Relicate and Leather hide Store. They are sending sample of what they have on Monday. Not exact matches but close enough. I am ok with that
    Also reached out to Classtique and they have the exact color. $395 @ hide and $40/yd for vinyl match. They too will be sending me samples.
    I will keep you posted, once I get the samples, in case someone else is interested.

Thank you again

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020