Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage EVENT CANCELLATIONS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 12, 2020.

1. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

August 2020 Pomona Auto swap cancelled:
    Hello Swap Fans,

Thank you for your loyalty and hanging in there through all these crazy cancellation notices and supporting the Pomona Swap Meet. As you know, the Covid-19 pandemic has wreaked havoc on not only SoCal, but also on our state and our nation. Despite our diligent efforts to gain approval from the State of California and the LA County Health Department to re-open, the August 9, 2020 Pomona Swap Meet must be canceled. We are committed to re-opening in a manner that would adhere to all applicable county health and safety protocols; however, at this time we have been deemed an event and will not yet be allowed to open. We'll continue to work with these agencies to find a safe manner in which we can resume swap meet operations.

We are hopeful that our October 18, 2020 Swap Meet will go on successfully as planned; however, we will keep everyone updated. In the meantime, feel free to visit our FREE Classifieds site where you can continue to buy, sell or just look around.

Please hang in there, enjoy your hobby and of course, be safe out there.

Until October 18th!

Sincerely,

Kim Cross
    Vice President

54delray likes this.
  2. Official announcement: https://kustomkempsofamerica.com/editorial.htm

OG lil E likes this.
  3. Heavy Old Steel

Heavy Old Steel

4. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

2020 Lonestar Round Up canceled

Thank you Kontinentals, we will see you next year for sure!

Important update - we are sorry to announce that the Lonestar Round Up will no longer take place in 2020 as Travis County announces cancellation of all upcoming events at the Expo Center. Please read above for full details. We plan to return April 16 & 17th, 2021 and hope to see you all then! If you are currently registered, we will continue to hold your registration for the new dates. Thank you for your ongoing support and stay safe everyone!

https://www.facebook.com/LonestarRoundUp/photos/a.10151847010997276/10158549942707276

106699590_10158549942712276_2430551396223936920_n.jpg

31hotrodguy likes this.
  5. Daddy Deville

Daddy Deville

6. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

The remaining Morris Illinois monthly cruise nights in downtown Morris have been cancelled for this year. :( Usually drew 700+ cars for local charities.

7. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Just read Shades of the Past in Pigeon Forge Tennessee has been cancelled for this year.
    Scheduled again for September 2021.

8. [​IMG]

Bill, (hotrodA) posted this on the main board. HRP

hotrodA likes this.
  9. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

tin dusters color run in quincy ill is cancelled

10. That's a bummer but probably the safest thing.

Phil

jim snow and i.rant like this.
  11. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-7-14_10-1-22.png

Wavecrest 2020 - CANCELED

A Message from the SD Woodies Board of Directors and Wavecrest 2020 Committee:

After months of strategizing how to stage the Wavecrest 2020 event amid the Covid-19 pandemic, and with an abundance of caution, the Wavecrest Committee and the SD Woodie Board has come to the conclusion that we have no choice and will have to cancel this year's event.

This decision was not made lightly and involved much deliberation and conversations with both the City of Encinitas and our Event Sponsors. In the end, all involved decided that the risk to our San Diego Woodie Club Members, friends, and the public attending far outweighed the possible joy the weekend event might bring. We also were unable to obtain assurances from the City that they would allow the event to be staged this year.

Health circumstances permitting, some of our Club Members plan on organizing a cruise on September 19th to have a venue for us to get together on the day that Wavcrest was scheduled to take place. While this will not be a Club sanctioned event we will however use our website and e-blast system to keep everyone updated regarding this cruise.
    Thank you for your understanding in these trying times. We look forward to seeing everyone soon and at the Wavecrest 2021 event!

Hello,

One of the biggest “woody shows” is being cancelled due to the pandemic. The site is just typical So Cal as the little beach area fronts the whole parking area surrounded by the community. The Moonlight Beach parking is always a problem at any hour of the weekends, let alone for this huge event. A couple of years ago, we had to park 4 blocks away and walk in the hot So Cal Fall September weather. Then there is no way to cordon off the woodies from each other or keep the masses away in any fashion.

So, the cancellation is good for the health pandemic, but bad for woody aficionados anywhere. It is a nice place to go to the beach on any weekend, but the woody show is postponed until next year.

If you happen to be in this area at any time in the North-South road trips, a stop at Juanita’s Taco Shop on Coast Highway 1 near Moonlight Beach is a mandatory stop. It is just a half mile north and right on a corner.
    upload_2020-7-14_10-40-31.png
    We have stopped here many times over the years of traveling to San Diego from the OC. It is a stop we just cannot pass up on our travels. It is one of "those places" that just cannot be by passed on any road trip.

Jnaki

upload_2020-7-14_10-41-43.png
    Juanita’s Taco Shop may not look too inviting on the outside, but Encinitas locals know that Juanita’s serves up some of the best Mexican food in the San Diego area. One of our favorites on our great So Cal burrito search road trips was to stop at Juanita’s. The California burrito is a classic.

sammyb and 65pacecar like this.
  12. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

I was staying in the beautiful little town of Del Mar last year and ran to get coffee at SB and a free newspaper for the area was dropped off in front of the SB door and had a picture of a Woody that caught my eye. I picked it up and saw the Wavecrest show was just up the coast so my wife and I drove up to it. I love the surf wagons and their link to So Cal history and found the show to be incredible with some of the friendliest people I have ever met. Great day and show that I started it's own thread for. Glad I caught it and sad to hear it had to.be postponed this year. Hopefully they can safely organize a small gathering and cruise for the day this year

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/index.php?threads/1165713/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    jnaki likes this.
  13. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Good news for a change. Somernites in Somerset KY is on for July 25, monthly cruise from April to October but this will be the first of the year if it holds on. Usually a great show, sprawled across town all outdoor with wide roads and sidewalks to avoid contact.

https://www.somernitescruise.com/

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  14. jnaki

jnaki

WOW... HERE WE GO AGAIN...

[​IMG]
    upload_2020-7-15_5-8-22.png

Hello,
    One of the most fun places to go every Saturday morning is in Coastal San Clemente. It is the latest version of the old Irvine Cars and Coffee event that got closed due to some idiots in Mustangs. This event had grown to be one of the largest gatherings of automobiles from sleek sporty cars to old hot rods and a bunch of cruisers in between. Each week, the sheer numbers grew for just about all types of cars. The coffee flowed from the local restaurants, too, including Ruby's. With the huge space, the Outlets were the best location for the event. Besides, what place offers great ocean views, along with some great hot rods and sporty cars?

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/event-cancellations.1187305/#post-13483940

In March 2020 , due to the covid pandemic, it was closed down to prevent the spread among the attending people as per the governor's orders. This was the earliest version and it remained closed until a month ago, when things were being allowed to open with the usage of masks and social distancing. The SC Cars and Coffee followed the rules and it worked. But, until the mask rule and social distancing started to go individually cuckoo without a care or responsibility for others.

Now, with the latest rise in cases, the statewide closures put on all of us comes from the governor's office. It is a sad thing to see, but the San Clemente Cars and Coffee at the Outlet Center is now closed, again. It will come back as soon as it is deemed safe, like all other large gatherings in the USA.

Jnaki

It seemed to work, then again, the rise of cases proved that something was not going well all over California and the USA. For now, those places that we all seem to like and have attended in the past will still be there after the big pandemic crisis. Let's all do our part, every bit helps. We all need to be careful of our own lives and those of our families, friends/neighbors. Mask on and stay safe.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  15. squirrel

squirrel

Hot Rod Drag Week 2020 is cancelled, email went out this morning.

milwscruffy likes this.
  16. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Also Hot Rod Power Tour CEC27563-DD8C-43A7-99E5-3026039AE3DE.png

17. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Incredible Cars and Coffee event. Highly recommended to any who's never attended when your in SoCal when it resumes in the future.

jnaki likes this.
  18. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

19. jim snow

jim snow

Jalopyrama ,Easton Md.postponed till next year. Bummer. Snowman

20. The rescheduled Jalopyrama for August 22nd in Easton MD has been canceled.
    Screenshot_20200718-081658_Chrome.jpg

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. Bummer! Really was looking forward to Jalopyrama, but figured it was just a matter of time...

22. primed34

primed34

NHRA National Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green, Ky. canceled as of July 20, 2020.

23. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

wow another good show bites the dust.

24. olds vroom

olds vroom

The Adirondack Nationals in upstate N.Y. have been canceled for this year as well.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

25. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

The MoPar Nationals in Columbus, Ohio just cancelled.

[​IMG]

26. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

27. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

If you are "jonesing" for a swap meet in the Northeast Ford Carlisle looks like it's still a go for July 30th-August 2nd.
    Certainly not "Hershey Caliber" for older parts and cars but Hershey is cancelled so better than nothing.
    I'll be vending in "P" row spaces P55-58

chryslerfan55 and 54delray like this.