Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage KKOA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OLDSMAN, Jun 30, 2020.

1. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Last night I heard on the news that everyone will be required to wear a mask when outside in the state of Kansas. I guess they have had a serious rise in the Covid cases. That being said has anyone heard if KKOA is still planing the event in Salina?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. I talked to Tony this past weekend and he said it's on.

He will be driving his '50 Custom. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  3. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

That’s a nice looking car. I hope he is right, but this latest problem just came up yesterday.

4. I'm not a member of the KKOA but Tony was trying to get me to go to Kansas with them.

He also plans to go to Maggie Valley, North Carolina in July and Brenda & I might just drive the wagon to that show, I've attended a swap meet there but never a show. HRP

5. @OLDSMAN I was wondering about this too.

According to the latest update on the KKOA site, it's still on but that was posted June 1.
    Hopefully Jerry will update it soon.

6. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

It’s not til the last weekend of July so they have time yet. Because of all this mess I’m not going this year but will be there next year

7. The virus thing has been a BIG deal here in Colorado since it hit. From what I've read not so much in Kansas 'til now. I can't imagine wearing a mask out in the Kansas heat and humidity. I've had to wear one a little working outside here in the 80 and 90 degree temperatures and it is a killer! Wearing a mask to work in totally wipes me out.
    Almost all car activities here have been cancelled through July for the most part, and many beyond that. Here it's almost the Fourth of July and I haven't been to a car show/cruise night yet.
    I don't know how the powers that be run things in Kansas, but if they are anything like the ones here I would think this year's Spectacular might not happen..........E

Sancho, chryslerfan55 and jim snow like this.
  8. little red 50

little red 50

From what I took from the governors press conference masks will be required if a distance of 6 feet could not be achieved. Slippery slope?

9. PasoJohn

PasoJohn
    from Edina,Mn.

I had Pneumonia in the month of March for 3 1/2 week's. I was excited all year thinking about this show as I went to most of the early ones and 8 of them in Salina,but this latest news has me worried enough to change my plans. Last weekend I went to 4 cars shows in 3 days. The larger shows aren't happening up in Minnesota but the smaller ones from 200-2000 cars are still going on. We might hear from Jerry in the next few days (Probably thru his mask).

10. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Masks required only inside public places, not outside unless cannot maintain six feet of each other. Everything is outside . Even the porta potties are one only. Should not affect anything. If someone is afraid , all they have to do is stay back from others.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  11. 54caddycoupe

54caddycoupe

Kemps event web page still shows the KKOA Salina event as a GO . No mention of any restrictions , mask etc...Hopefully someone that is in charge of the event with some clout will chime in to let us know what is going on.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  12. @54caddycoupe that hasn't been updated since June 1, prior to the mask order.

I keep waiting (and checking frequently) but no updates yet....

13. Roothawg

Roothawg

You need to go. We are planning on it.

14. Been hearing rumors as my phone has been blowing up, but from what people are telling me the 40th Annual Leadsled Spectacular has been cancelled. Bummer..........E

15. Roothawg

Roothawg

Oh dang.

16. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Yes that is true. The leadsled spectacular has been canceled for this year. I really hope that next year is a better year

17. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

A friend called me last night with this bad news. I had canceled my room because of virus concerns, but Gary was very disappointed.

18. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

So bummed its off.... but it gives me a little more time to get my bucket done and still make it to the 40th next year

19. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I just checked KKOA's website and found nothing that said it was canceled and did find where they mentioned that the virus should not affect anything. They also are still showing registration for the event. I would think that if they really have cancelled the event ,the first thing they would do would be put it on their website and pull registration forms. So far I have seen posts that say its cancelled but no one has said they have heard it from Jerry Titus. Has anyone actually heard from the actual KKOA or are these rumors ? I haven't called them yet but plan to shortly if I can get their phone number.

20. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

@Kan Kustom I've heard from reputible sources, They say the "official" word will be coming today

21. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I just got off of the phone with Jerry Titus's wife. She said the city of Salina was going to go on with the show but when they told Jerry what the requirements would be, masks, taking temperatures etc. (It is up to each county to regulate) I don't know if it is required in Saline county or the city of Salina but here in Lyon county there are no requirements. Regardless the Salina commission put out these requirements. The Titus family felt this and the fear this has caused would make for an unpleasant and low turn out 40th event so they decided to cancel and do the 40th next year. She said Jerry is updating the website this morning and she is updating Facebook.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  22. Looks like it has been cancelled. HRP

23. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Taking temps in 100 degree heat with no conditioning air in my car. They wouldn`t let me in.

Sancho and OG lil E like this.
  24. OG lil E likes this.