Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical HF Jack Stands - Recalling the Recall

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blowby, Jul 7, 2020.

1. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

2. onetrickpony

onetrickpony
    from Texas

Safety issues suck but that's a good example of how to handle a recall. Bring it back, full refund or store credit, no questions asked, no receipt required.

vintage_mpg and firstinsteele like this.
  3. Sounds like they're trying to make it right. Harbor Freight just needs to get out of jack stand sales...

4. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Makes me feel lucky instead of lazy since I have yet to return the first recalled pair that I own.

Cosmo50 likes this.

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Well that ill learn ya.

6. bchctybob

bchctybob

I’m guessing that HF isn’t the only distributor of the jack stands made by that Chinese company, lets hope their other distributors step up like HF has.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Of all things to screw up, twice ?No quality control tells a lot about all their shit.

8. At least the owner is man enough to admit a problem, and is offering a full refund, or credit even if you don't have the original receipt. It is more than most others would do.

9. bobscogin

bobscogin

"Upon advice of councel, you can have your money back." It's the right thing to do. A tip of the hat to Harbor Freight.

Bob

i.rant likes this.
  10. ken bogren

ken bogren

They are also offering full refunds on their other jack stands ... that are NOT part of the recall.

"We have investigated all of our other Pittsburgh 3 ton steel jack stands (SKUs 56371, 56372 and 57308) as well as the Pittsburgh 6 ton steel jack stands (SKUs 56368, 56369 and 56370) and Pittsburgh 12 ton steel jack stands (SKUs 56374 and 56375) and did not find the defect. Although none of these other jack stands are being recalled, if you own any of them and have any concern whatsoever, please bring them back and we'll give you a full cash refund or store credit for those as well."

Pretty much a stand up action on their part.

11. I think that the way it was handled has a lot to do with the founder still being the owner. It’s not owned by some conglomerate, run by a board of lawyers and headed by an accountant.

12. I was thinking the same thing. I think the ones I have came from either WalMart or Advance Auto Parts. They appear to be good quality and have not given me any problems, but made in China andthe same stands are likely sold under various brand names by many different retailers.