Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. moretacospleasethanks

moretacospleasethanks
    from Austin, TX

Hi from Austin TX. I've been browsing the HAMB for long while, and am finally jumping in as I'm about to embark on my first build.
    I bought a '26 model T roadster body from a friend over a decade ago and have had it stashed away since, waiting for "some day." I've picked up a few other parts along the way over the years, but never felt like I had the time, money, or most importantly the skills to get started. I've got a kid now - she's 8, and last year she started asking about the car parts and if we could build it together. The chance of actually getting the roadster together in some form while she's still interested finally has me moving on this.
    I have a little mechanical experience from driving a couple of 60's Ford trucks in the past and trying to keep them on the road, but this will mostly be new ground for me. I'll be learning everything along the way. I'll likely be following the Bishop/Tardel book closely and also asking a lot of questions so I don't screw anything up too badly.
    With the help of the same friend I got the body from, I recently found a '31 model A chassis that seems to be solid, mostly complete, and has been converted to hydraulic brakes. Finding the chassis made things start to feel real.
    I'd like to use as many old Ford parts as I can find. My parts stash so far:
    • '26 model T roadster body
    • '31 model A chassis
    • '39 transmission
    • Several 17" stock wire wheels in various condition. The 16" wheels seem to be the standard, though, so don't know if I'll use the 17s
    • Unknown origin headlights - the guy I got them from thought they may be from a '40s chevy truck - I like the shape of them, but don't know about the size
    • Steering column including steering box from '51 f1 pickup
    Thanks. I'm looking forward to the adventure.

Starting point:
    Image from iOS (1).jpg Image from iOS.jpg

Current inspiration (is it cool to post other people's photos?):
    34322448_227008954560354_8316011602314788864_n.jpg

2. Welcome to the HAMB moretacospleasethanks from a fellow Texan over in Lubbock. Being in Austin u r in a good spot for chasing down both parts and inspiration/advice. Probably everything u need between HAMB, Pate, and Lonestar Roundup.
    Stay safe n have fun!

1 more car I promise, Rex Winter
    Dry n windy Lubbock TX

3. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Welcome from the hills of southern Ohio, where the hoot owls breed the chickens:eek:

4. moretacospleasethanks

moretacospleasethanks
    from Austin, TX

Thanks Rex! I spent a couple years in Lubbock in the 90's. I think I'm still leaning from the wind.

1morecarIpromise! likes this.
  5. moretacospleasethanks

moretacospleasethanks
    from Austin, TX

Thanks BuckeyeBuicks!

6. moretacospleasethanks

moretacospleasethanks
    from Austin, TX

Thanks '49 Ford Coupe. I'm East/Central. That's a great car you've got there!

'49 Ford Coupe likes this.
  7. Well thanks..do you ever go to Top Notch on first Saturdays??

8. moretacospleasethanks

moretacospleasethanks
    from Austin, TX

I haven't made it out yet, but I'll keep an eye out for your 49 if I do.

9. cool stuff to start with! Welcome!

10. This should be a fun build. Greetings from Illinois.

Phil

11. moretacospleasethanks

moretacospleasethanks
    from Austin, TX

Thanks 40two!

12. moretacospleasethanks

moretacospleasethanks
    from Austin, TX

Thanks Phil! I sure hope so.