Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects seats

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Leadbeater, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Leadbeater

Leadbeater

there is a thread someplace here about what seats fit the A cars well. i can not find it so thought i would ask you guys who uses what in there 30-31 coups? i gotta figure something out for my coupster

[​IMG]

dana barlow likes this.
  2. flatford39

flatford39

Paul in Washington put a seat from a bus in his 26 T. It looked great. I still think he had to cut it down. Others have used a Dodge caravan third back seat. I like the bus seat a lot better. Clark in the PNW also used a seat similar to a bus in his Mercury speedster but he did have to cut it down quite a bit.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    dana barlow likes this.
  3. raven

raven

School bus seat... that’s traditional.
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

flatford39 and dana barlow like this.
  4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dodge Caravan SECOND seat, the narrow one that lets people get into the third seat, 3rd seat is full width.
    The 91 Grand Caravan we had for several years had the narrow second seat that had the smoother flatter cushions than the later models do. The seats pop out of a van with minimum effort. The bases are easy to modify.

Bus seats are traditional and you can often find them pretty cheap in good shape.
    I've got a third seat from a 2 something K suburban that isn't super wide and folds down that I hope works as a back seat in my 31 Vic as I can fold it down and put luggage in there for road trips. I can't get to it to measure it though.

67L36Driver and dana barlow like this.

5. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

80's era Honda Prelude seats work if you want bucket type. You can use the original front mounts with them. They are 6 way mechanical adjustable.

dana barlow likes this.
  6. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

first generation caravan middle seat...
    I use bus seats, I split the top rail and all four [back] corners then add 13.5" to the top rail, weld it up...

Attached Files:

dana barlow likes this.
  7. goldmountain

goldmountain

I have bucket seats from Princess Auto. Every now and then things like that show up in their flyer but they only get in one or two sets.

dana barlow likes this.
  8. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Check with @Flathead Dave here on the HAMB. He posted some photos of the seat he used I believe in a Model A.

dana barlow likes this.
  9. sdroadster

sdroadster

Dodge Caravan Second seat.

67L36Driver and dana barlow like this.
  10. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

11. ratrod0

ratrod0

I have used a waffle house beach seat before

raven likes this.
  12. m.ralph

m.ralph

I build about 3 cars a year , mainly 1932 Ford roadsters, coupes, and Ford Model A coupes. I install the second seat from mini vans Dodge Caravan, Chrysler, Plymouth,and Fords. Most are measured at 40 inches. Be careful some are a little wider, so measure. Another thing that I like is on the passenger side a lever to recline the back. Most are fixed. Hope this helps

dana barlow likes this.
  13. what do you have in it know? HRP

[​IMG]

14. bchctybob

bchctybob

I had three different types of seats in my ‘31 Tudor. I had 73 Dodge motor home seats, kinda futuristic looking. I had ‘60 T-bird buckets but I had to narrow them 1 1/2” each to get them to fit. The guy who bought it put the Mustang style seats from Speedway in it. They were nice and not too expensive.
    I had a Mazda minivan seat in my ‘28 roadster. Don’t know what year, they were in it when I got it.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. Believe it or not........Model A seats will fit nicely:rolleyes:

16. Joe Blow

Joe Blow

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  17. Leadbeater

Leadbeater

thatws a different car thos are 89 gmc buckets actually