Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 28-29 Model A Roadster measurements needed. (REWARD OFFERED)

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Well we've come to a critical point in the 29 roadster build and now we need some key measurements taken from a really straight 28 or 29 Ford Model A roadster. Must be a real Model A roadster and a 28 or 29 stock body.

HERE ARE THE MEASUREMENT WE NEED:
    1. From A-pillar-to-A-pillar at the floorboard level
    2. From A-pillar-to-A-pillar at the tops of the doors
    3. From B-pillar-to-B-pillar at the floorboard level
    4. From B-pillar-to-B-pillar at the tops of the doors
    5. The measurement of the door opening from driver side A-to-B pillar.
    6. The door opening from the door opening passenger side (should be same as measurement 5)

First respondent to submit all correct measurements to my builder's satisfaction will receive a
    free custom embedment or gear-pattern shift knob made for them courtesy of my company, Hotrodshiftknob.com. Feel free to PM me to check if I've received the proper answers before you break out the tape measure on the '28 or '29 roadster nearest you. Thanks, gang.

Gentlemen, start your tape measures.

ROADSTER FLOOR 10.19.JPG
    Roadster floor#2 10.19.JPG
    HotRodShiftKnobRoadsterNEW.jpg

2. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

28-29-roadster-dimensions.jpg 2201d.jpg Atank28drawing1.JPG If any of that helps

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  3. clem and dana barlow like this.
  4. Pencils down, gents. It appears we may have a winner. Stand by, Dana Barlow. Specs sent to builder. Look for a PM form me. Thanks.

5. Oni Motorworks

Oni Motorworks

Needed this. Thanks Dana!

6. brading

brading

That was a nice gesture " Slimegreeeeeen " even though you knew guys on here would have given you the info for free.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  7. 4bangerbob

4bangerbob
    from AB, Canada

I cannot get bottom measurements to b pillar since I have seat riser still in place, but here are measurements i can get if they help. each jpeg file named with the measurement.

a to a bottom.jpeg a to a top.jpeg a to b pillar at top 1.jpeg a to b pillar at top 2.jpeg a to b pillar at top 2a.jpeg b to b at seat riser top.jpeg b to b top.jpeg height of b  to b pillar measurement.jpeg

8. Rckt98

Rckt98

Hopefully the OP has this well sorted by now, given he asked the question 4 years ago.

9. 4bangerbob

4bangerbob
    from AB, Canada

well that makes me feel not so smart...........