Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods People you meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Truckdoctor Andy, Jul 4, 2020.

1. I was at a 4th of July BBQ down at my Mother in Law’s this evening. A very righteous Model A Coupe drove by and I only caught a glimpse of it. It sounded fantastic!!! He circled around and came back by the house and I was able to catch him. I was so awed by this very cool, very period correct coupe that unfortunately I forgot his name. He is on The H.A.M.B.. I am hoping he sees this and will contact me. This happened in Rural Monroe County Illinois. His Coupe had a Small Block Chevrolet with an Edelbrock X-1 intake and six 94’s on it. It sounded like open headers too. Coolest car I’ve seen in a month. Isn’t funny how cool cars have a way of finding us?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

I was riding my bicycle around the neighborhood one day about 15 years ago. Hadn’t been in this neighborhood too long. Went by this one house that had a detached three car garage. The doors were up and inside was a Ford roadster and a 34 Ford 5 window. Nobody was around so I didn’t stop. About a week later I riding around again and went by the same house and the doors were up again but this time the owner was there. I asked if I could look at his cars and he said sure go ahead. He gave me a brief history on them snd we’ve been good friends ever since. Been to Bonneville together a few time snd countless shows together. I’ve posted pics of his cars on here before. Just a really good guy and an unbelievable mechanic and machinist.

3. Pictures, guys........pictures.:)

4. indyjps

indyjps

Some of best and longest friendships started with cars and car guys. We're the only ones who understand each other.

Wanna golf, fuck no, lets go to the junkyard, lets drive 100 miles to look at a car that neither one of us is gonna buy. Thats good stuff.

5. That’s the problem, I was in such awe, I forgot to get pictures. This happened in the middle of a fairly busy county road and cars were coming. Nuts!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I couldn't have said it better !!! Virtually ALL of our friends are car people...some for almost 50 years.

7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Just like I meant Paul Smith at a swap meet. 1973 drag champion.:cool:

8. goldmountain

goldmountain

The problem I have is that I know all these car guys but it has been some time since I the last time we met and after a while all gray haired and balding fat guys with bifocals look alike .

9. Like Will Rogers famous quote, slightly out of context, "I never met a Hamber I didn't like":) HRP

10. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Met a lot of nice guys while trying to buy cars or parts. You know the drill...keep in touch,drop by 2-3 times a year,talk about non car related stuff and build a friendship. I try and remain in touch even after a sale. Some would be surprised how many more sales happen because they tell their buddies that " (insert your name here) is a good guy so if you want to sell your stuff give him a call."

Boneyard51 and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  11. How true it is.

12. Boneyard51 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

Andy, it’s like when you see a pretty girl for the first time only better