Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Do you know this guy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chili Phil, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Jim lived his life to the fullest, I sure miss him. HRP

2. Lil32

Lil32

Sonofabob and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. gene-koning

gene-koning

Nope, both the broke down trucks are Chevys. Thought I'd just point that out..... Gene

warhorseracing likes this.
  4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks HRP! Always good to see Jim running the BMW. Bob

kidcampbell71 and lurker mick like this.
  5. Lil32

Lil32

Gene
    its a HAMB joke
    "is it a Dodge"

chryslerfan55 and flatheadpete like this.
  6. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

A man after my own heart!!...I bleed FORD BLUE!...weellll, ok I am friends with some Chevy guys though...!

chryslerfan55 and warhorseracing like this.
  7. 50Fraud

50Fraud

8. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL. I tell folks there are 2 "C" words we don't use at my house. One of them my wife doesn't like...and the other one is REALLY disgusting;)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. By not wanting to know Jim just because he owned a Chevy truck, you missed out on probably the most interesting and informed person ever to log on to the HAMB. Jim was so much more than the many vehicles he drove.

Mick

10. gene-koning

gene-koning

The phrase was always used to identify automotive parts or cars of unknown identity. "That part/car must be a Dodge."

In this case, they applied that same comment to a pair of broken down trucks, both of which were easily identified as Chevy trucks. I was simply pointing out the fact both were Chevy trucks that were broken down. Take that as the running joke around my house, "The truck broke down, it must be a Chevy." :p
    At our house, we also know that FORDs start our as "Fuc***g Old Rotten Dodges" so there is no explanation needed for a broken down Ford. They are already telling you they were Found On Road Dead.:p
    Jokes can go more then one way. :D Gene

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

I would think all of Jim's posts are still here on the HAMB. Great reading for people that never read them the first time. Bob

HEMI32, chryslerfan55 and Chili Phil like this.
  12. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jeez Mick, It was a joke...that's all...no disrespect intended. As a matter of fact, I posted said "joke" on Mon., and it wasn't until Tues. that HRP identified who he was.

13. Lurker Mick has it right. You guys who don’t know who Bluto was would be well served to search out his threads. He was a hell of a guy. The world lost a fine human and a great example of gearhead knowledge. Once you check it out you will have probably learned something you didn’t know before. I miss my buddy. There won’t be another like him.

Rickybop, HEMI32 and lurker mick like this.
  14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Edited my post #28

15. ...looks like the old guy is wearing a beard, not a mask...

Chili Phil likes this.
  16. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We do a lot of joking here. I honestly thought the thread was posted tongue-in-cheek, and was responding in kind. Seems I wasn't the only one.

A lot of you have been here a long time, and are more aware of comings and goings and who's who than some of us. That's cool. But it does put some at a disadvantage.

Just saying that when something like this is posted with no explanation, it's bound to put some in the perfect position to step on their dick... by not appearing as empathetic as they would've, had they known the purpose of the thread.

Cosmo49 likes this.