Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Miguel built a Canadian Falcon

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by p_mori7, Nov 9, 2019.

1. p_mori7

p_mori7

A while back, I had posted on GJ asking about experiences folks have had getting a car done in Mexico. I was referred to the HAMB and to Miguel Torres. We talked, I asked around; and ended up bringing him my car in September 2018. I picked it up in July 2019. Not 100% done, but pretty darn close. There were some challenges & surprises along the way, which was to be expected. We dealt with them. Here are some videos of the (almost fully finished) project. Still needs wheels & tires, and some more tweaking...but I don't think that ever really ends anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TkX-JAWXC8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCIFANxen8k

Restoration album in process.

loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. p_mori7

p_mori7

Many Thanks also extended to HAMB member GreaseMachine for his fantastic support & patience with me ! I really appreciated his help. I hope you're enjoying the Quebec Maple Syrup Stefan !

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

looks and sounds good - always nice to get your ride worked on at a place close to you

loudbang likes this.
  4. RmK57

RmK57

Canadian just means it was built in Oakville? Ford of Canada did build the Frontenac, which had a few unique trim items. I had a 64 hardtop a few years back, great looking cars for sure.

loudbang likes this.

5. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice sounding and looking!

loudbang likes this.
  6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Are you saying the Frontenac was built in '64-65? I thought that they were only up to '63.

7. p_mori7

p_mori7

Capture.PNG Canadian as in an Oakville ON built car, owned by myself living in Montreal QC (3rd owner), taking a bit of a road trip and trailering the car to Tijuana MX (and back).

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  8. p_mori7

p_mori7

Here are a few recent beauty shots of the car taken by a local Old Car Magazine...feature article to be published at some point in the future. I've since adjusted the front tips of the side moldings for a better fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. old slingshot

old slingshot

(Belle monture ) Nice ride.

10. Any before pictures ? My first convert was a 64 Futura with a 260/auto.....here with my first nephew about 1977. Bodie and chipper Falcon convert big.jpg

loudbang and p_mori7 like this.
  11. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Great pics. Bien fairs! My high school desire was a '65 Falcon Sprint but your convertible is just as cool. I like the red and white colour scheme especially on Canada Day!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    loudbang likes this.
  12. p_mori7

p_mori7

It looked pretty good before the restoration, but there were a lot of poorly patched-over rust problems in the rockers . torque boxes and on the firewall. Surprisingly, the cowl & hats were in fantastic shape. The prior poor bodywork had been done way back in 1991, as well as a repaint. They used Wimbledon White (original to the car) but it was either mixed incorrectly, or slightly lightened up...it was quite a bit more pale than true WW.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mgtstumpy and loudbang like this.