Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Des Moines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OLDSMAN, May 21, 2020.

1. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Has anyone heard if the Goodguys show in Des Moines, IA still on for Fourth of July weekend? I was told last night that according to the latest Goodguys magazine that it has been canceled, however looking through my magazine I can’t find anything about that.

2. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I haven't heard anything. I've been checking GG site pretty regularly and nothing. Last GG I know of being canceled/rescheduled is Nashville. I had them move my registration from SLC to DM so I'm hoping but not to optimistic.

3. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is still listed on the event schedule on the official Goodguys website. They did link a notice that they are adding hand washing stations to the grounds and that attendees should implement personal responsibility for their safety.

4. My buddy is a rep and last I heard, it was still a go.
    Could change anytime though during this weird time.
    As a side note, Iowa is opening up more things starting this Friday, so not many statewide restrictions left here. Just personal wisdom..

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. GTS225

GTS225

As a side note, Torquefest was moved to the same weekend.

Roger

6. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Our corner of Iowa the cases have doubled since opening restrictions 2 weeks ago. Still in single digits per (6)county. 99 counties in Iowa with over 10,000 confirmed cases. That`s an average of 100 cases per county. With some with much, much higher numbers.

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

GG using Iowa as the kick off for their events - July 3-5 - more going on in July, etc - guess have to make plans - but, be willing to cancel if timing turns out wrong

8. Just heard tonight at a cruise gathering ( with social distancing of course), I talked to a fella who said the GG event was dependent on the Iowa State Fair board. Said it may be canceled for July and moved back to October, which seemed unlikely the fair board would approve that. A decision is supposed to be made in June.

9. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

10. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

GG called us last week and said it is still on.

11. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

This decision is not GG to make, it will depend on state regulations and the state fair board what will go on at the fairgrounds.

12. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I’m thinking about going if it’s on since BTT50’s is cancelled. Curious about what the turnout will be? It could be way up because there aren’t many shows available to go to or it could be way down because folks are scared to get out. Thoughts?

13. scoop

scoop

John is going to announce June 1st if it is happening. If it does please join us as this is a charity for families with kids with heart defects and it's a fun show with a lot of stuff going on.

14. GTS225

GTS225

Don't worry, Scoop. If it's happening, it's an easy choice for me between GG and TORQUEFEST. Besides, DBQ's got a few very nice restaurants.

Roger

tractorguy and scoop like this.
  15. A Boner

A Boner

Don’t think Torquefest is in DBQ this year!

16. scoop

scoop

It is. Iron Invasion moved to Davenport.

17. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I haven’t made it to torque fest yet, how big is it now? (# of cars?)

18. scoop

scoop

Last year I think it was 700+.

19. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For anyone that questions why Vintage Torque Fest was moved to the same weekend as Goodguys in Des Moines, the July 4th weekend was the only date that the Dubuque Fairgrounds had available after Dubuque County canceled the original May 1 & 2 show dates. But the new show dates are on Saturday and Sunday instead of the normal Friday and Saturday. This means that you can go to Goodguys on Friday and Saturday and still attend Vintage Torque Fest Saturday night and Sunday. Dubuque is roughly 3 hours and 200 miles from Des Moines.

verno30 likes this.
  20. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I plan on doing both. Anyone else??

21. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I didn’t realize that was possible to pull off. I was under the impression somehow that VTF was Friday night too. So I think I might try to do the double.

verno30 likes this.