Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Blytheville AR - ECTA Mile This Weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lake_harley, Jun 30, 2020.

1. lake_harley

lake_harley

I'm a bit confused about the ECTA Blytheville AR Mile event this weekend. They refer to it as a "Street Car Shootout. Unless I just didn't click on the right things on their website, it looks like it's only street cars (and I'm not making light of what some of them are capable of running), or will there be purpose built race cars running too? It talks about something called BANGshift.com, and I have no clue what that might be.

I live only about 2 Hr. North of Blytheville and would like to take in a bit of 1-Mile LSR racing, but wouldn't be all that motivated to go if it's likely going to be things like Camaros, Mustangs, Hellcats, etc..

Anyone here going, or someone that can shed some light on what's going to be happening?

Thanks

Lynn

2. mkubacak

mkubacak

3. Rats! I was just in Blytheville last weekend visiting the wife's family. Looks like I'll miss it again this year.

4. aircap

aircap

Hot rodding takes up a lot of room in the world. BangShift has been part of it for a long time.

egads likes this.

5. lake_harley

lake_harley

Any HAMBers at Blytheville today (Friday)? Reports?

A friend and I plan to go for a little while tomorrow AM. Because of the friend's prior commitments we'll actually be on the road longer (about 4 Hr. round trip) than we'll be able to stay. I'll hope they get running by 7:30 or 8:00 AM like the ECTA's "typical" race day schedule shows on the website. Given that it's supposed to be into the 90's during the day, I'd think there would be a push to get runs in early when the temp is at least a little bit lower.

Lynn

6. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

The ECTA land speed events years ago under the previous owners would be a place where purpose built true Land Speed race cars would be found a number of them record holders on the Salt Flats. When the racing was held in Maxton North Carolina and then in Wilmington Ohio lots of Land Speed cars would attend many of which were also ran at Bonneville. Now most of the cars you will see in Blyherville will be late model cars and super cars very few true Land Speed cars types as seen on the salt flats during Speed Week will be running.

stillrunners and warhorseracing like this.
  7. I attended Maxton years ago and it was great. I never made it to Wilmington but heard alot of the LSR cars from Maxton were there. I will probably never make it to Blyherville. Does not sound like too much to see there anyway.