Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods fender welting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruizznn, Jun 30, 2020.

1. cruizznn

cruizznn
    from ohio

Hi, does anyone have any preference on what fender welting to use. I thought I heard a while back that julianos had one of the best ones. Going to use on 40 willys coupe.The fenders fit well and don't need it for fit but I think it is a good idea to use it . thanks for any input.........

2. 38bill

38bill
    from Minnesota

I used Julianos when I built my truck and they have lasted 20 years. They are nice and flexible and still look good. At the time I picked them because they seemed to have the best color choices.

3. I have known bob and Marcia Juliano for about 45 years. Bob is no longer with us, but Marcia is keeping the business going. They always took pride in their shop, and their products, and Marcia continues to do so. You will get a good product from Juliano's.

4. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

+1 for Juliano's. I used theirs on my Plymouth and will use it on my 49 Buick, too. They sell Quality products. If you dont think their is a difference in seatbelts, buy some cheap knock offs and notice all the buckles rattling while you jiggle down the road.

catdad49 likes this.

5. cruizznn

cruizznn
    from ohio

Thanks for the input guys. I ordered and received the welting and it appears to be a good product. Now I need to find some willys guys who know exactly where to put the welting as there are a couple of places that have some odd spots in the fender mountings.

warhorseracing likes this.
  6. Cruizznn, it is good that you posted back. It makes the guys that took the time and posted their responses know that their opinions and information helped someone. Too many times some do not post back and then it makes the responders wonder if the answer helped or the OP just gave up in some cases. Thank you Cruizznn for coming back and replying.

j hansen likes this.
  7. I agree on the need for welting but have always disliked the final look of it installed. Many many Moon's ago decided to just install it backwards on one of my F-100 projects, been doing it that way every since. No more bead to try to get all the road dirt out of both edges and not damage the paint. Now it's just normal Soap and Water. No more trying to color match or looking at that big fat Black seam against Green or Blue paint. Now it just keeps me from having hard contact between painted surfaces as intended.

8. Darin Younce

Darin Younce

Yeah , seems felting is just one of those things that you cant really get excited about . One thing I do dislike is when folks make their fat fendered or early cars seemsless by welding and or bondo . I would rather have the seem even if it is a big ole black vinyl welt. Have seen some of the stainless that looked pretty good if bent correctly with a good fit.