Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New Magazine introduced July 11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordors, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Brian has been giving previews on FB. Looks like a good magazine

Sent from my SM-J337V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

hotrodjack33 and ekimneirbo like this.
  2. There are previews on their website too.

Phil

hotrodjack33 and ekimneirbo like this.
  3. Thanks Phil, I corrected the web link for Wheel Hub Mag...
    and I'm with HRP on R&C
    fas 081.jpg

4. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I agree Rod & Custom was a great magazine

5. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Someone posted a link to that hinge pin removal article which showed the entire process. Very good article.

6. hotrodjack33 and Fordors like this.
  7. spanners

spanners

Maybe, just maybe you could give it a try and if you don't like some of the content, get in touch with the people responsible and give them helpful feedback to improve instead of being keyboard warriors.

8. jim snow

jim snow

9. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I too, miss looking forward to finding the latest magazine in my mailbox. Brian is a disciple of Tex Smith, along with Ron Ceridono, who will be writing the tech articles. I know both of them, and I am certain this publication will be different, because they won't be tied to corporate management decisions. Ron has expressed the value of special, one off, hand made parts and methods, for tech articles. And for those, that think a totally HAMB friendly monthly, would have enough subscribers to be viable, I think they are dreaming. Also to Pist-N-Broke here is my solution to remove those pesky hinge pins. I turned down and old rivet die, rattles them right out ! IMG_5054.JPG

10. hrp, not to change the subject but I followed your wagon build and was wondering what the interior color is and if you have a code #for it. im building a 56 country sedan and at the point of selecting the interior color and I like what you put in yours. thank you

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. 34Larry

34Larry

Well its just kinda in the air stopping car mags, that's why I haven't sub'ed to RODZ. In fact, and this might curl your toes some, but my renewal to RJ is down to its last issue with a renewal notice just received in the mail yesterday and I am strongly considering not renewing. :eek: I have them all from #1 to the latest and would like to sell them but no one wants to pay so as soon as the libraries reopen I'm going to donate mine to them. I think it foolish to have them stored in a closet like they are. They need to be read/used. Maybe in a small way that will get the ball rolling for some youngster. Lord knows they are not doing me any good sitting around in a dark closet.
    Let the crying and gnashing of teeth begin.

12. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

I am glad I checked out this thread. I didn't even know Speed and Kulture Magazine existed. Just bought issues 1 and 2.

mctim64 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  13. Speaking of Autobooks-Aerobooks, they invited me to exhibit my Mysterion reproduction and do a book signing in December 2017. This was the car's public debut. I drove the 100mi over the grapevine from Bakersfield to Burbank for the event pulling my 20' trailer. My poor Ford 150 was over-matched and barely made it up the Grapevine with that load! I even signed a bunch of books. Only had to drag that trailer two more times, once to the 2018 Classic Auto Show @ the LA Convention center and once to the Hollywood Petersen Museum for the Sotheby's auction where I sold the car to the Stahl Museum in Michigan. I HATE pulling trailers.

Point of this overly long post is to endorse the book store as one of our staunchest allies in support of the hot rodding hobby.

IMG_63101.JPG
    IMG_0796.JPG

14. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Now you're talking! BRING BACK R&C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. A Boner

A Boner

16. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the heads up and posting the link. I signed up....

ekimneirbo likes this.
  17. we can all chip in and get you a Street Rodder subscription ( oh wait sorry not around any longer ) .. FYI libraries these days won't take magazines.. Find a Hot Rodder and donate them to him/her how about that... and yes I have #1-current TRJ also.."Well its just kinda in the air stopping car mags"... you are wrong.. sad

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well I subscribed, I think the money I didn't spend on car magazines in the past couple of months paid for it.

19. jim snow

jim snow

chryslerfan55 and Hamtown Al like this.
  20. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

It is the HAMB. It has a "narrow" focus. As you well know by now.

21. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I signed up for both when it was announced. My interests run toward, but not strictly toward, traditional. But, I am always looking for new ideas and "tech articles".

The HAMB used to have lots of tech threads but that is almost gone forever. Only a few continue to do Tech threads. Tech week was great but I can't remember the last one.

22. Crayons

Crayons

In regards to Bob Drakes hinge pin removal tool, I bent mine trying to remove the pins on my 30 Model A. Ended up drilling them out.

23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

this month's option at news stand 20200630_185144.jpg 20200630_190233.jpg 20200630_185222.jpg

24. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Having been on the HAMB for 15 years, I'm well aware of the focus of the website. My comment was aimed at narrow minded "car guys" that can't appreciate anything beyond a HAMB friendly ride. Interestingly enough, there is a great feature on a HAMB regular, Jeff Norwell in the first issue.

25. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Yep, the site has a narrow focus and many of us view the site because we can learn from others who operate within that narrow focus. That doesn't mean that when we actually build our own cars that we only build them within that narrow focus. Magazines are the same way as far as I'm concerned. I glean what is useful to me from whatever source and then apply it the best I can to build the car I want. Refusing to recognize that there are many sources of information that not only inform you of technical data but provide examples of how to do things and results gained from upgrading parts is pretty dumb. Life is a buffet, and you will find that a limited intake of many types of food will serve you better than always eating one thing. ;)

i.rant, fauj, chryslerfan55 and 4 others like this.
  26. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

WHY? Who knows, probably the self appointed "Tradition Police" logged enough !REPORT!s (I'm looking at you "manyoldcomplaints"). Some good tech disappeared.

OOPS, "Error 0069 - ATTITUDE CHECK" - Action required - Take a "TIME OUT" from the H.A.M.B.

27. John Tumolo

John Tumolo

I subscribed too. Been rereading my old Hot Rod Deluxes while under the quarantine. Really miss it. Hope Brian picks up where they left off. Have a complete set of Street Rodder from issue #1 and had no interest when I tried to sell them. What's that tell you? JOHN 100_5020.JPG

chryslerfan55 and ekimneirbo like this.
  28. Fordors

Fordors

[QUOTE="Have a complete set of Street Rodder from issue #1 and had no interest when I tried to sell them. What's that tell you? JOHN View attachment 4740073 [/QUOTE]

It tells me that younger guys think everything is available on the ‘net. Maybe, maybe not.
    I retain a lot in my memory bank and if I don’t know something I rely on my extensive archive of magazines. Where do the magazine non-believers think the info so freely dispensed here came from if not the printed word?

29. got my hands on the premier issue. REALLY GOOD!

chryslerfan55 and Max Gearhead like this.