Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Out of site drags pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Jun 25, 2020.

1. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That's to bad, do you have time for a Go Fund Me.?

loudbang likes this.
  2. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Sure James I can always have time for someone funding me lol I’m just to dumb to figure out how to do that lol

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  3. raven

raven

At least you’re finding all the weak points in the car. When you’re done with that phase of the build, it’s going to be fun times. That Dodge should be a rocket!
    r

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

pitman and loudbang like this.
  4. The cackle thing went well. The crowd was big. The action was hot all day. Waiting to do it again at Byron's glory days.

5. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

The Famoso Speed shop Mustang is so cool! I have wanted to build a street version of the SWC Dark Horse 2 for more years than I care to remember. But even junk fastbacks are crazy expensive. Have given thought to converting one my coupes and building a sedan delivery version. With everything being canceled the way they where I forgot all about this event. Thanks for the picks Brian. Larry

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Broke or not she does look pretty! Take it from a man with experience, always build TWO drive shafts! lol Larry

raven, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. Wrench bender is a true hot rod/ racer. He was pitted next to me. He never gave up on getting in some passes. He had the rear apart in no time getting dirty in the heat of the day. Then found the parts in the swap meet to put it back together. After the driveshaft broke he was still all smiles with a plan to put it on the track again. No bitching no whining. The car turned out great. Hats off to a great build you nailed the look.

The 39 guy, Gammz, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Jackson is the real deal.

loudbang likes this.
  9. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Thanks Brian for the kind words though it was disheartening to break on the first pass and the second and especially the third one because it couldn’t be fixed quickly I never lost focus as any day good or bad at the track is still better than a good day at work lol. The poison iveys dodge will be fixed and not only did I find all the weak links in the chain I discovered others that just plain need changed like the headers lol so I can get the heat away from the starter and also make it accessible All in all I had a great time got the privilege to hang out with a bunch of good people doin fun stuff Brian thanks for your help and to all who stopped by and said hey it was good to see all of you and look forward to it in the future also I want to thank the brew city gassers as they put on a fantastic event and I look forward to attending again

lippy, The 39 guy, raven and 7 others like this.
  10. After seeing the pictures fom last years out-a-sight drags I had high expectations for this event. I was blown away at the quality and volume of cars and spectators Saturday. Hats off to the Brew City Gassers for putting on a great event.

0NE BAD 51 MERC, racer-x and loudbang like this.
  11. loudbang

loudbang

Looks like there was a good turnout of HAMBERS. :)

12. It was hot.,
    It was neat to see the original Chizler there, even if it was just on diaplay.

Grove2020.jpg

13. A friend took the self can of Dad in the Dodge and me in the Valiant. The only regrets I have is no camera to take pictures of the many cool cars, and not getting the Dodge running better. 13638.jpeg 13630.jpeg

14. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Greetings wrenchbender! Car looks great!...however, it looks like your driveshaft was cut in the center , I have never seen this before and can't say I'm surprised it failed. I would recommend getting a new tube and your yokes could be cut off, squared up and reused....glad to hear you had fun even though your parts broke!....and what kind of transmission is that?

loudbang likes this.
  15. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

you are correct after getting it home and inspecting everything it was cut in two by the driveline loop last year there was no issue but since I had to put a longer driveline in it because of switching the trans from an 833 mopar to this Doug Nash crash box anyhow as the suspension actually worked this year with new springs and such I found the spot on the driveline loop where it cut it in half crappy lesson to learn but I’m in the process of fixing it now also working on new headers too lol anyhow thanks for your info

Deuced Up! and loudbang like this.
  16. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Randy, it was cool to race ya, just wish ya would have finished. Maybe we will both have them ready and running right for the HAMB drags, i want a rematch. I also want a few car lengths. Hope ya get it fixed.

Tony

17. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Tony it was a great time had by all and yes there is a rematch at mokan lol but you better bring your a game lol just remember I wasn’t far off your times this weekend and I coasted most of the way lmao. Take care see ya at the H.A.M.B. drags

18. Not my photos but found these scrolling on Facebook... FB_IMG_1594138046688.jpg FB_IMG_1594138105170.jpg FB_IMG_1594138218399.jpg

chevrolet50steve and loudbang like this.