Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1929 Oldsmobile size?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fjant, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Fjant

Fjant
    from Sweden

Hello! Im in contact with a guy selling a very nice 1929 two door sedan. It’s at a very good price and would be a great start for at hot rod for me. But trying to figure out how nog it is compated to other cars is hard since there isn’t that much info I can find. I have found that the wheelbase is 113,5 inch. Whish is way lounger than the Fords of similar age. But just a little longer than -34 Ford.
    Does anyone have exeperience with this type of car? Would it be too big to do a hot rod of, and look strange in compare to other more standard bodied rods?

Thanks
    Mark

Skickat från min iPhone med H.A.M.B.

2. redo32

redo32

This one doesn't look too bad. It could use some bigger tires on the back.

[​IMG]

3. Fjant

Fjant
    from Sweden

Yeah. The proportions are realy nice and its a nice looking body its just that beside a model a it might look like a gigant.
    I would go fendeless and with bias-bly i a more tradiotional maner.

Skickat från min iPhone med H.A.M.B.

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I believe it was the larger 'B' platform and not the smaller 'A' platform used by GM with Chevrolet (107") so a bit roomier inside.

5. southcross2631

southcross2631

That photo by redo32 is a nice looking car except it appears that the rear end is not centered in the wheel well. It looks like it is too far forward and the low profile tires look hokey.

6. Terrible80

Terrible80

With the room issues some bigger guys have a little more room might be a plus.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app