Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage First cruise - in this year ( photos added )

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 27, 2020.

1. In the post pandemic when everything has been canceled It looks like the city is finally going to relent after several months and allow a cruise in to be held at the farmers market this evening.

I really don't know what to expect since this is a replacement for the big McDonald's cruise in over the last 20 odd years.

This was scheduled to start in March, but we all know plans are made in advance and circumstances beyond our control have disrupted everything, especially getting together with like minded car guys & gals.

I have loaded the camera with fresh batteries and hope to be able to share some hamb friendly cars & trucks later on this evening. HRP

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  2. Gman0046

Gman0046

HRP, Don't you have an iPhone? I don't leave the house without it and that way I always have a camera with me.

Have fun at the cruise. I've been home working on fences all day.

chryslerfan55 and 3W JOHN like this.
  3. ...what's an I-phone?

Special Ed, 3W JOHN and rusty valley like this.
  4. We JUST started having a Cars and Coffee get together on Saturday mornings in Evergreen. The turn out was small the first couple weeks but its picking up, all types of wheeled vehicles. Most are trying there best to social distance and wear masks. I'm ecstatic, was trying to get a "HAMB n eggs" type of thing going like we had on the south side of Chi Town (SW CHICAGO HAMB n EGGS) but there wasn't a ton of interest here, go figure right? Anyways, I'm happy I have a place go hang with fellow gearheads and and suck down java!! Next Saturday , the 4th, will be live music and hopefully more cars, I'll try to remember to take cell phone pics...H.A.M.B. friendly of course .:):).Mitch

chryslerfan55, 3W JOHN and e1956v like this.

5. No sir, I have a small cell phone that fit's nicely in my watch pocket, it's just a basic hello & goodbye phone.HRP

6. Well, the turn out was pretty good but the cool cars we like were in the minority, the cruise in was cut short when the sky's got dark and the bottom fell out.

There seemed to be a lot more Chevy's in attendance than anything else.

I'm slowly down loading the photos, there are some great looking cars but some of the wheels were awful so I did my best to shoot them where the wheels didn't show the Mercury below was one of those cars.

100_2879.JPG

7. The '57 Chevy has been seen around town for years, HRP

100_2881.JPG

100_2880.JPG

100_2882.JPG

8. 100_2884.JPG

100_2883.JPG

9. Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2020
  10. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

That's the only way to keep the mods from deleting them. Sometimes it takes a little effort to hide them, but it make it worth it to shown off outstanding work...

11. I have avoided ugly wheels and tires photos on otherwise nice cars many times. Thanks for the photos , I will take anything I can get at this point.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

12. Ain't that the truth! HRP

13. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

That made me laugh ... As if Ford was the only kid on the block :p

Desoto291Hemi and 3W JOHN like this.
  14. This car belongs to my old friend Tony, I bought my Model A truck project from him more than 40 years ago. HRP

100_2906.JPG

100_2904.JPG

100_2907.JPG

15. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

16. Mark, if you think the 16" are big you should see the ones I thought would be off topic! HRP

loudbang, 3W JOHN and Moriarity like this.
  17. 100_2905.JPG

100_2902.JPG

This is my mechanic friend Earl's car. HRP

100_2909.JPG

100_2908.JPG

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  18. And then the rain came.

100_2913.JPG

100_2914.JPG

100_2915.JPG

That's all Folks! HRP

19. Gman0046

Gman0046

HRP, great pictures thanks for posting.

HOTRODPRIMER, loudbang and 3W JOHN like this.
  20. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Thanks for the pics! I live near Raleigh NC, and things are still pretty locked down.

Sent from my SM-G973U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER, loudbang and 3W JOHN like this.
  21. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I'm waiting for some youngster to ask what a watch pocket is.:D
    Great pics, thank you for posting them

loudbang, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  22. My youngest granddaughter Veda call's it a granddaddy cell phone pocket. HRP

23. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Danny, does the same guy put on this show that does the Mcdonalds show?

HOTRODPRIMER and loudbang like this.
  24. Paint and body work gotta be pretty cheap in your neck of the woods. Nice to see a gathering of old cars minus the rust/patina/dent crowd. Thanks for the pics. And I'm with you on the phone. I used to carry my rotary phone, but I kept tripping over the cord...