Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Is summit belly up?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by birdman1, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I ordered some gears and stuff for my QC and got my order promptly.

Then I decided to get a new pair of QA1 coil overs and they will be here Friday.

As usual they’re doing the best they can given the times.

I prefer Summit, they’re way better than Jegs that’s for sure.

Muttley, impala4speed, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  2. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

I am still getting several advertising Emails every week....

3. Darin Younce

Darin Younce

Ordered a axle yesterday had it shipped via air got it already , so they must be ok.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn, I haven't ordered anything by phone in the past 20 years from anywhere except the cafe down the road for drive by pickup.
    I ordered some small piece from Summit online around midnight a couple of weeks ago. They had me an email with the tracking number By the time I checked my emails in the morning. I spent too many years of 8 hours a day dealing with people on the phone to want to call anyone to order something and don't feel the need to talk to a "real person".
    Buying from Amazon has been a pain in the butt about half the time lately. Order gets processed, they send me a tracking number and the order never makes it to the post office.
    I ordered some intake gaskets for one of my OT rigs from Rock Auto and they showed up a couple of days sooner than I expected them.

5. birdman1

birdman1

Update!! Summit declined the warranty request for the cam and lifters I bought from them. Summit said the cam failed because I drove it 20 miles on the break-in oil. I called Howard's cams, where I bought the replacement cam and lifters, he recommended driving the car 500 miles on the break-in oil!!! Who do you believe,???

6. 34Larry

34Larry

Don't think so. I got the best online ordering service I have ever had last week with MSD terminal boots from Summit.. Ordered at 4:00 Friday, they were at my door 3:00 Saturday afternoon. I'm in the Seattle region.

Lil32 likes this.
  7. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

As I said in an earlier thread I've had no problems with suppliers that work from home.
    I did experience a short delay from a company custom building a steering column but that was due to Michigan law.
    All things considered hats off to those in the industry doing their best.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    charleyw and tombstone like this.
  8. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

This thread title made my heart skip a beat! Man, that would be devastating if Summit went away!

Muttley and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Just ordered a kill switch from them that wasn't working.
    Sent an email and they sent a new switch no questions asked and didn't want me to send the defective one back.

5window likes this.
  10. badvolvo

badvolvo

I have used Summit regularly since the covid thing hit. No issues at all.
    I am old, I remember staying up late, so we could get through on the phone order line. The online internet sales make it so easy now, I never try to call anymore.
    Ordered a new fire suit from Speedy this week, arrived the next day.

11. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That's a joke. What cam and lifter set did you buy from Summit that failed?

12. 5window

5window

Well, there must be more to that story. There are too many good tales about Summit. OTOH, this is Howard's warranty and the way I read it, you're not getting a refund from them, either:

Warranty
    Warranty: Howards™ Cams Hydraulic/Mechanical Flat Tappet Camshafts are 100% Rockwell checked and parkerized at our manufacturing plantin Wisconsin. Howards™ Cams hydraulic and mechanical lifters are also 100% Rockwell checked for hardness to ensure that our customers receive the best American made components available. To give our customers a performance edge, Howards™ Cams will unconditionally replace to the original purchaser only, any non-usable hydraulic or mechanical flat tappet camshafts and lifters for 1/2 the amount of the original invoiced purchase price for a period of 6 months from the date of original retail purchase. Howards™ Cams does not warrant the performance of our products due to Howards™ Cams lack of control during product installation and usage. This applies to all camshafts, valve train components and all other racing components in our catalog and product line. Note: Due to oil available today, all Flat Tappet Cams (hydraulic or mechanical) must be initially ran with a quality break-in lube, such as Howards Z.P.M. Max. There is absolutely no warranty, expressed or implied or otherwise, on Howards™ Cams parts, labor, installation charges or other damaged parts. Howards™ Cams assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever on incidental or consequential damages. There are no implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Howards™ Cams neither assumes nor authorizes any person to assume for it, any other obligation or liability in connection with the sale or use of our products. Howards™ Cams will replace or refund any part that has a manufacturers defect found before installation or alteration. Customers are responsible for blueprinting engine components before installation or startup.

13. no problems with any suppliers at all. In fact, Speedway sent me an E-mail to let me know they were crediting me shipping costs on an order because it arrived a day later than promised delivery date. That usually isn't an issue with me as long as stuff gets here close(and intact), so no complaints right now. Events have for sure contributed to any unusual foul-ups with big and small suppliers alike, so any above and beyond events in the supply process are a plus.

14. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

If only everything ran like Summit. The government should take lessons for them..

cfmvw, charleyw, Muttley and 6 others like this.
  15. garage2small

garage2small

I ordered two 450/16 Firestone bias plys on Tuesday on Thursday afternoon I saw the UPS driver standing in the driveway holding two humongous Hoosier slicks informing me here are your tires. The address and tracking # were correct and the confirmation E mail said the correct tires were ordered, so I guess the warehouse person did not know a slick from a regular tire. I refused delivery and called Summit after a 20 minute wait for someone to report the problem to they said the correct shipment would be sent, however I did not get an apology. If I had not been an honest person or knew some one who raced I might have just kept the slicks as I think they are worth at least 3 times the value of the "stones". I have been dealing with Summit for at least 15 years and that was my first problem.

Elcohaulic and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. ...........Must have been a "Newbie", but seriously, working in an automotive fulfillment warehouse, one should know the difference!!!:eek:

Atwater Mike likes this.
  17. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I’ve received a very few wrong items from Summit over the years. On inquiry I was told to keep them. One, a set of expensive BBC bearings which I did not order, I was sent a mailing tag and told to set it out for UPS pickup... I like it when all my order is from Reno... next day service.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Ordered from summit, speedway, and affordable street rods yesterday. Had a 2 ring wait for AFS, two minute hold for summit and a lot of beach boys for speedway - thanks for the heads up! Haha- looks like they will all be here by dinner with standard shipping :)

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

And just like that this morning FedEx came to my door with a Summit racing box containing my QA1 coil overs. :cool:

Summit is #1

Lil32 and Tim like this.
  20. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

For what ever reason when I hear or see QA1 I think...
    [​IMG]

21. Fortunate enough to live close to the Texas Summit Racing. Drove past last Saturday afternoon and the parking lot was packed!! I think they are doing OK.

22. [QUOTE="Mr48chev, post: 13639932,
    ...........Buying from Amazon has been a pain in the butt about half the time lately. Order gets processed, they send me a tracking number and the order never makes it to the post office.
    I ordered some intake gaskets for one of my OT rigs from Rock Auto and they showed up a couple of days sooner than I expected them.[/QUOTE]

From my experience, I have the feeling the problem is the Post Office. They don't seem to be too quick to scan in the item once it arrives there.

23. Ordered a case of oil, a couple filters and a few little things from them online Thursday morning. Package arrived early Friday afternoon; pretty quick given it had to be shipped ground.

nunattax and Desoto291Hemi like this.
  24. billthx138

billthx138

Nope, ordered parts on Wednesday and got them on Friday.

25. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Ordered an alternator rebuild kit last night at 6 or so
    Received the package this afternoon... Crazy

26. Budget36

Budget36

Thing that gets me, is 2K+ in parts the last few months, and not one sticker!

27. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

After 55 posts responding to the OP, why isn't this locked?

28. chevy3755

chevy3755

i had to wait for 25 minutes on the phone.........charged me 10.99 to ship an item weighing 4 oz and cost 8.00

29. low down A

low down A

WTF i had egg's for breakfast they were good

Automotive Stud likes this.
  30. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All of the small town car show's ruined Good Vibrations for me. I would rather listen to Gates of Delirium but then I also believe in a Ford in a Ford, a Chevy in a Chevy and a Dodge in a Dodge so I may be a little weird!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020