Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. madfish

madfish

@quick85

I don't know what you're asking for.
    This obviously is a photograph that someone has turned into a high contrast photo.
    Was this originally a B&W photo or a color photo? Are you asking it to be restored to B&W and if it is to be colored, what colors is the car and details? Or, is this just a free for all?Inquiring minds want to know....

2. It sounds to me that he’s giving a blank canvas like in a coloring book and Is offering anyone to play around with it.

3. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Madfish, Scooterville has it correct. My request wasn't meant as a challenge. I tried
    different things to make this somewhat presentable without success. My editing
    program has something called "Pencil Sketch" and that was my last step, you see
    the result here. I'm not big on major photo manipulation even though many of
    you fellows are quite adept at it and knock out pretty impressive work. Here's
    the original pic. If someone thinks this is a waste of time I can live with that. I
    appreciate the question and input.Below that is another that I had wanted to run
    past you guys but didn't want to upset the moderators...Mitch.

6-8-2020 098.JPG

Blackhawk 058-1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  4. madfish

madfish

Thanks for the quick response and I hope you didn't take offense to my question. When ever we get the chance to do something it's usually request oriented. It's rare that someone says" do what you want." I was just asking for clarification because the illustration has been so manipulated that it requires a lot of effort to bring it back to something that looks photographic. And if you have a photograph, what ever we do it will never look like the original. Not that it can't be done, Moose is the master at that. When I look at the sports car, it's not bad, it could probably use contrast. What I'm not clear on is are you looking for a better pencil illustration of the coupe?

5. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

No offense taken. I thought that if I got it as bare bones as possible it would be
    easier to do something with it. I always say that every day can be a learning experience
    and I guess that goes for my request. As far as the Panoz goes, it was a purple car that
    was caught in a really poor lighting situation. I did get a couple of good shots but still
    wanted to hold on to this one for a while. The coupe, well, it's a matter of anything
    that would look decent, whether it looked like a pencil drawing, an oil painting or a
    photo. What I don't want is anyone wasting time on these if they don't warrant the
    time. I was just putting it out there. Again, I appreciate your input.

6. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Night Sky Coupe Z Coupe Night Final.jpg .

7. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Yikes! Holy Moly! It's kool and sinister. I wouldn't have imagined
    something like that but it is so right. Thanks very much Dave.

Rot 'n Kustom likes this.
  8. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Hey, thanks, Moose. The colors make a heck of a difference and bring the eyes right
    to the coupe. You and Dave (Rot 'n Kustom) both brought out the essence of a real
    rolling hot rod. Thanks, your work is appreciated...Mitch.

9. 2xcrash

2xcrash

Just bought a set of Astro supremes with the 7/8" WW. Looking to do a mild custom paint to her. Nothing too wild but if someone has some ideas I'm grateful for the help thumbnail.jpg

10. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Would any of you masters be able to show me a 1953 Cadillac 2dr deck lid on my 1953 Buick Roadmaster?

Attached Files:

11. 1.jpg

quick85 and Rot 'n Kustom like this.
  12. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

1964 El Camino Final.jpg

quick85 and themoose like this.
  13. madfish

madfish

@quick85

I released mine back into the wild.

32 3 window copy.jpg

14. This should be close...

lid.jpg

Busted Knuckles likes this.
  15. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Just curious how the front end of this 4-door Merc would look with a more traditional treatment. Can someone please take the stock Merc bumper (from the maroon car) and put it on the one with the Dodge grille? While you're at it, let's change the narrow white walls to WWWs. Thanks, in advance! tapatalk_1593368250636.jpeg tapatalk_1593368258178.jpeg

16. merc.jpg

jimmy six, Sancho, verde742 and 3 others like this.
  17. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

themoose likes this.
  18. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

19. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

When was that pic taken, 1956-'57? Are those bleachers at a drag strip? I don't
    think that's at a high school football game. Thank's a lot, Madfish. I can say "Hey, check the photo I pulled out of the bottom of a shoebox".

zzzzzzAuto 66.jpg

20. 2xcrash

2xcrash

Rot 'n Kustom likes this.
  21. LeatherLunger

LeatherLunger

@themoose @madfish @rotn my wife and I acquired the family street rod her dad and granfsther put together in the late 80’s. Were working through the car to get her on the road again and we want to make her more traditional looking so the WHEELS AND TIRES HAVE TO GO FAST! Would you gents be able to help me with some traditional wheel and tire combos? White walls, black walls, crhome gennies, black gennies and caps, maybe just a few options for us? Thank you guys very much for what you do. Ill throw a couple pictures for you to pick from. If they dont work just let me know. thank you guys.

IMG_7133.JPG IMG_7096.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. madfish

madfish

23. LeatherLunger

LeatherLunger

24. here's a couple 1.jpg 2.jpg

lurker mick and LeatherLunger like this.
  25. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    themoose and LeatherLunger like this.
  26. LeatherLunger

LeatherLunger

27. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Sir Moose...A few months back you did this great rendition of what my 1949 Ranchero might look like done. Would it be possible to change the tires/wheels/caps to black wall tires and black steel wheels with original caps? Maybe one pic with trim rings and and one with out trim rings? Thank you very much. You do some amazing stuff.

33C3489B-CD7E-4A07-91CD-B182DC19FA4C.jpeg 7CD4B331-4C90-409E-9A6C-874016805993.jpeg

28. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Texas John likes this.