Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tennessee HAMBer's roll call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by v8_ranch, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

How is the weather in Tn??
    I ask 'cause my father in law owns 15 acres with 2 houses in the Selmer area and wants to move back there when he retires. Problem is mother in law won't unless their daughters (my wife and her sister) and grandkids go as well. Tight knit family.
    I've actually been thinking about it lately. No house payment and the company I work for has a branch in Memphis. I really like the climate here in Wa and the variety of things to do but I would have more $$$ to build cars if I moved.:cool:
    Sooooo...... any Tn guys wanna give me the scoop? Weather, scenery, etc?:D

2. TINGLER

TINGLER

The weather sucks.
    We got horrible scenery....

Everything here sucks...

Stay away. :D

Is that better fellas?

Actually Tennessee is awesome.
    Mild winters. Beautiful hot summers. Great scenery (if your into country).

3. In the woods on White Creek off Highway 62 near Deer Lodge. Part-time resident including the next three weeks by order of wife.
    Can you say 127 Sale? Locals will know what I mean.

4. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

HAHAHAHAHA! That's what we tell all the Cali's movin' here to Washington!
    I like hills, trees and shit like that. Been to Kansas once to visit the wifes family and hated it. No trees and flat. BORING!

Moving is just a thought right now anyway....so don't worry.:)

5. johnnygringo

johnnygringo
    from Nashville

dont doubt that at all

im in Nashville...born and inbred

6. k9racer

k9racer

It will take you 3 years to get aclimated to the hot humid weather. You need to watch the movie walking tall { the orignal and part 2} its all about Bufford Pusser and the Selmer area. Not much has changed...

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Perfect! I like warm weather.
    I've seen both Walking Tall movies too although it's been awhile. Better go out an' rent 'em!:D

8. Read that again---he didn't say "warm" :rolleyes:
    HOT and HUMID......kinda like it is here right now :p

You'll probably come to love Selmer, but you'll hate Memphis--just ask somebody that lives there(like hotrodA for example :D)

oh, what was the original question? Who's in TN?......I'm 50mi east of Nashville....

9. TINGLER

TINGLER

Don't let them Walking Tall movies skew your view. Not all of TN is like that....

A general rule of thumb is that the farther south you go, the weirder things get. :eek: :D

Sorry K9racer. haha.

I did the Buford Pusser festival down in there one year. I airbrushed a lot of "love" shirts that weekend.....but there were some funky folks down in there.

Oddly enough, Buford Pusser's daughter sent me a Christmas card after that festival. She is super nice.

Matter of fact, everyone I met in that town was nice. Southern hospitality....

Its just that that area seemed to have an "aura" about it if you know what I mean......definitely some things under the surface.

Tennessee is full of history like that.

Did you all know that the KKK began in Pulaski Tennessee? Not that its something to be particularly proud of.....but....still its something I guess..

10. TN young gun

TN young gun

Hey, just spotted the post, i'm in columbia, right down the road from sparky

11. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I live in a northern suburb of Nashville...........Franklin, Kentucky

12. williebill

williebill

Oak Ridge..down the road from Knoxville

13. Gator

Gator

I'm in White house, pretty close to Franklin. Got a club member lives up that way too. Shoot me a PM sometime.

14. 51 pickem up

51 pickem up
    from mosheim,tn

do you go ever go to the cruise in at ingals on 11-e on sat.nights?
    al sisson
    mosheim,tn.

15. k9racer

k9racer

As I said the summers are very HOT not warm. The winters feel very cold due to the humity. But some times it is warm in the winter. If some one at the school board drops a ice tray the schools will close due to snow//ice// etc..Memphis has a high crime rate its somthing about the big river that causes it..First thing get a permit for a hand gun the go buy a good one. As brother Ted Nugent said keep it well oiled. The schools are full of clicks or ever how you spell it. Be ready for some culture shock. The big one is when football season starts everything else stops...Oh yes I am less that 20 miles from the 10C state line..

16. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Been to Kansas when it was over 100* with high humidity in Aug.....didn't bother me. I'm cold blooded....hahaha! I like the heat.
    And cold in the winter??? I grew up in AK. Didn't close school unless the wind blew snow up against the doors so you couldn't get in. Would be out riding snowmobiles @ -20*F all the time w/ frozen boogers. Eewww! hahaha!

17. ratrodford

ratrodford

heres a pic. of buford pusser and k9 racer..........wonder which ones which?

Attached Files:

18. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

i was raised just out side of maryville, tenn. and then got transffered to the atlanta area, still miss the place, plans are to move back when i retire.
    will i still be welcome?

19. mullet

mullet

Not here is Chattanooga, I have no idea what it takes for them to cancel school. We had so serious ice last year an didnt get one day off.

20. HIDDEN

HIDDEN

there is a pretty good cruise-in in Elizabethton, TN every weekend. We go to it about every week.

21. jefscoupe

jefscoupe

Memphis, sort of.
    Millington address, Memphis phone, and I'm actually in the Shelby Forest area.

Jeff

32 3 window
    55 handyman
    66 F100
    30-31 A p/u

22. TINGLER

TINGLER

That pic rules.

Buford is on the left. ;) :D

23. Flintville,almost on the Alabama state line.Part time resident of both states.

24. Tacson

Tacson

I have been following the board for a while. Just registered. I live in Murfreesboro and i am member of the Music City F100's. Normally attend the Friday cruise put on by the Murfreesboro Hot Rod Club

25. Gator

Gator

I just got back from that cruise, I gotta say I was dissappointed. Maybe it was just a slow night?

26. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Fear not Gator... I'm going to start a Friday cruise night at a kroger/target/eatery place near me... Fill you in later, I could use help from you all in the weeks to come.. Could be live music /bands etc... Sparko:D:D

27. Tacson

Tacson

Gator,

I rode thru there tonight in my wife's Pathfinder. It was to muggy to be sitting out. I normally park with the other F100's. Somernites Cruise is having a couple of power tours next weekend. One is up in Bowling Green, Ky and has a Friday night. I will likely be going up there to check it out

28. kennedy

kennedy
    from TN

Tingler When did you do the Bufford Pusser Festival I live in Mcnairy county. Live about 10 min from Adamsville do the festival every year. I will admit their is some weird people around here. If you ever come do it again hollar at me.

29. I looked for you but we didn't get there until almost 8.

I saw Don Coatney headed back towards home and he didn't even pay any attention to the black rumblin' 56 sitting there at the light.

30. Say hello to Richard Vaughn for me!

Butch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.