Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hiya from Indy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by zootkandy, Jul 13, 2006.

1. zootkandy

zootkandy

Hey all,

I was gonna try to sneak out of lurk-mode without posting an intro... but... here it goes:

I'm a 20 year old gal in Indianapolis, IN... and I FINALLY have my first project underway. I'm gonna build me a hot rod. I've grown up in and around old cars, at car shows, and the garage... but this will be my first time actually wrenching on anything. I have a lot to learn. Key word: A LOT... but... I can't think of a better way to learn than by doing.

I currently have just a '56 292 y-block and a small pile of parts. I've had the motor in my actual possession for a grand total of two days but hope to progress with it pretty quickly. I'm going to give the poor thing its first bath in who-knows-how-long this weekend. Then some more cleanin' up, some paint, and then I get to start the fun process of scroungin' for needed parts. I hope to have a "done" car by spring (hopefully a Model A... but we'll see). I think it's fairly safe to say that I will have my work cut out for me the next several months.

That being said, with a lot of work (money, time, and luck) THIS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WILL eventually look something like THIS:

[​IMG]

Mark my words :cool:

I really ought to mention that I have a great teacher in this lil' endeavour of mine. My dad has been building choppers/kustoms/hot rods forever. His current project is a '29 Model A roadster w/ a 292 y-block. Pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's about it... thanks for takin' the time to read this and I appologize in advance for all of the stupid questions I am bound to ask in the future :D

Candi

PS: A big thanks to FuelFC for sponsoring my Alliance membership! TOO COOL.

2. Rat L. Can

Rat L. Can
    from Indy

Hi Candi,

Welcome aboard. I've seen your dad's car around various get togethers. I'm not sure how much finishing it needs-I like it as it sits!

Good luck with your project

3. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

Welcome, to the HAMB, lots of great help here, nice start on your rod....

4. zootkandy

zootkandy

Thanks much for the welcome, guys!

Rat L. Can - He says he's gonna finish this one (reminiscent of a 60's show rod) and keep it. We shall see.

5. Ant B.

Ant B.

Hey Candi, your intro's are legendary :)

Ant (SFC)

6. curtiswyant

curtiswyant

Cool! I'm a youngster (21) from the northside. Need any parts?? :D

7. zootkandy

zootkandy

Yo Ant! Haha... I do my best ;) SFC rules, btw.

curtiswyant - Yep, as a matter of fact... as soon as I get this motor clean and mocked up a little bit, I'll be in need of quite a few parts...

8. Welcome aboard! If you're who I think you are, then you guys followed us to Beatersville. We drive the Krylon Special Dodge. :)

9. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Welcome Candi! Are you going to rock n rods in bloomington illinois on the 23 and 24th? If not......i think you should. Its gonna be neat, i hope.

10. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Welcome from a fellow HAMBer in Indy.Hope to see you and your dad at some of the local shows or cruise in's.Dave

11. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I love your Pop's car. I took a bunch of shots of it at the Rumble. It was one of my favorite cars there.

12. zootkandy

zootkandy

lindross: Yup, that'd be us! :)

Nick: We WERE going to go... but we were invited to a gig closer to home that same weekend. Rock N Rods should be a neat show, though, I agree. I'm sorta bummed that I'm gonna miss it! I'm going to be at the Pileup this year, though, fer sure...

whitestang90: Thanks! If ya spot the roadster sometime drop by and say hi...

thirdyfivepickup: Thanks! I'm quite partial to it myself :cool:

13. Anderson

Anderson

Cuz you're rock candy baby..
    You're hard sweet an' sticky...

Welcome :D

14. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Screw that, all the cool kids are gonna be at rock n rods! hahaha.

See you at the pileup.

15. bradley.w.lusink

bradley.w.lusink

does your dad know how blessed he is? you are most kool! ...and you've already earned the privelege of asking all of the questions(stupid or otherwise) you feel the need!!!!

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

Hi Candi! Good to see you over here

17. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Get off the computer and back to work on the motor.Boys especially you young ones Miss Candi is a cutey but I am pretty sure she can take most of your asses down.She might just be a little hell Kat and if that dont work I am pretty sure she is a daddies girl so dont be gettin no idears........BAHAHAHAHHAHA

I am with Ant She sure has a alot more to say than your little bro...........He is so shy:rolleyes:

Keep workin also big thanks to your old man for suppling me the carbs for the Hemi best have your long johns ready for the trek to the pileup.I think I will trailer mine :)

I probl see ya guys at JAsons I am pretty sure thats the deal your going to.

LAter Shoe

18. johnnygringo

johnnygringo
    from Nashville

no denyin your genes...welcome

i wanna see a bike next

19. zootkandy

zootkandy

Fidgiter: You're nuts. Haha. Thanks!

Nick: I know it... I'll be stuck hangin' with the nerds out here next weekend. Story of my life. LOL! See ya at the Pileup.

bradley.w.lusink: Well, thank you much! I'm certainly glad you feel I've earned (stupid) question askin' privileges...as I'm sure there will be many.

Joe: Thanks! If I remember correctly it was you who introduced me to the HAMB years and years ago. Its just taken this long to get myself a project going!

Shoe: You crack me up! Better listen to him, though, boys...if Shoe sez I'm a cutey, it must be true...but I'm a lil' hell kat for certain! Should that fail I'm definitely my daddy's little girl and I'm sure my boys' got my back, to boot. Nobody messes wit me. Haha!!! :p

I can't do anything more on the motor until this weekend - pop's orders. You're quite welcome re the carbs. Anytime, but you know that. I'm thinkin' maybe I'll ride with you to the Pileup!!! Save me a seat in yer truck. Lil bro can sport the long johns and ride with my dad in the '29... teehee!

Yup, see ya at Jasons next weekend. Should be wild.

(I shoulda known my intro would start to get outta control here sooner or later... hehe... ;))

Johnnygringo: Ya know it! Bike is definitely next up in the plans... I need me a little bobber!!! Oh yeah, did I mention SFC rules?!! :)

20. Hellfish

Hellfish

mmm... could be! It's about time!

21. zootkandy

zootkandy

Truer words were never spoken.

22. Cshabang

Cshabang

hey candice....haha, no one called you that....you told me to say hello, so here it is: hello...hahahahahaha welcome to the HAMB...

23. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Candi, tell your dad not to be givn' you any dumb advise. And tell him the Dickster has his eye on him. You are sure more outgoing than your brother. Last time he was here in the garage I only got aaw" out of him. Tell your dad to put some paint, a floor, and a windshield on that POS he drives. He made the mistake of selling me his '34, he shoulda kept it. Holler if I can help ya, actually ask your dad about the bitchin' induction system I have for that y block.
    Dick

24. zootkandy

zootkandy

Chris: Thanks for the hello!

Dick: I'll be sure to pass the message on to my dad. Paint, floor, windshield, POS... gotcha. A firewall might help, as well. The '34 was MY SEDAN, ya know. It about killed me when he sold it, broke my heart. "He shoulda kept it" is right!. Keep the induction system for me, if ya would, sir.

25. racer5c

racer5c

Welcome! C YA Saturday night, let us know if you need directions.

26. Randy D

Randy D

Well well well.... Look who made it to HAMB land.. No gay-er place on earth. Uberfags like TT, Plowboy, Nick, Racer5c and asst. others like to play rump-rangers here. You'll be safe. hahhaahaa... may see you satitty. And you are correct, SFC RULES.

27. zootkandy

zootkandy

Roy: Thanks! See ya on Sat! I sent ya a pm re directions...

Randy: Bwahahaha! You're right... I'm fairly certain I'll be safe with all that spooning goin' on. Hope to see ya on Sat!

28. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

huh... I really DIG your dads roadster... is that the same one NICK was trying to paint in red oxide? haha... nick you homo.

Welcome... looks like you have a great start- yblocks rule...

Tuck

29. zootkandy

zootkandy

Tuck: Hiya, yep, that's the one Nick wants to paint red oxide. Haha! Thanks for the welcome, and I agree... my pop's roadster and y-blocks rule!

(my intro did get very "huh".... I appologize, lol!)

30. Cool, I thought so. We could hear the roar of your dad's roadster over our own little slant rumbling. :D I'm sure we'll see you around at some more shows this year. You guys doing the Hunnert Car Pileup? We'll be there for sure. Maybe you guys can ride down with us and the Road Rocket crew. :cool: