Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects engine runs real hot, bad gauge.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by sloppy jalopies, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Mimilan

Mimilan

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten" - Benjamin Franklin.

2. southcross2631

southcross2631

When I worked for the Govt. We were looking for a source for brake rotors that were more durable than the local parts store sold us that includes the NAPA store. We tried the best rotor that Wagner sells and
    they still had heat cracks after about 3 months service.
    Remember these are police training vehicles that get run hard all day long . The Crown Vic cop cars got the brakes so hot they melted the valve stems and the hub caps.
    I found a company that cryogenically treats their brake rotors so I tried them and it cut the brake rotor replacement in half.
    Guess where they came from ? You guessed it China. they were made here in the states and shipped to China for the cryogenic treatment and final machining. It was cheaper for the company to build a plant in China and not have the EPA on their ass .
    The good radiators for our police cars came from Israel where they could still use the good solder that the American companies can't because of federal regs.
    A lot of companies moved off shore because of the red tape that is involved in doing business in the good old USA.
    I am a retired Federal Govt employee and many times the regulations that I had to go through to do business made buying American made products almost impossible.

3. Man, have we gotten off topic.
    But i feel better venting about Chinese crap.

4. Speed~On

Speed~On

@sloppy jalopies You many find the thread below interesting. I like older American made gauges from the 1930's through the 1950's. The quality of the gauges produced during that time period is unsurpassed.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/save-the-gauges.1187643/

Here are two of my American made temp gauges from the 1930's. You can't beat the beauty (they're true works of art) and they provide an accurate temp reading.;)

IMG_20200105_200643_721.jpg

IMG_20200118_171749_567.jpg

hfh and Unique Rustorations like this.