Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage VALVE COVER race track

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cranejon, Jun 24, 2020.

1. cranejon

cranejon

HELP The Utica Michigan Summer Car Show "Gasoline Alley" is going to have valve cover racing. Guys are building cars, kids are entering and I am charged with building the track HELP I repeat. I have looked at the internet sites but nobody has the dimensions for a track, , Does anyone have any experience with the track portion of the project? Simple questions such as degree of angle, track length,, track width and starting gate need to be answered. I have a couple of sketches I will share if anyone can email that they have experience in these matters.
    Thank you
    Jon Crane
    Rochester Mich

[email protected]

1934coupe likes this.
  2. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Go down the road to Macomb Community College. The Automotive Department has a V/C track. They use it to promote their program.

3. oldolds

oldolds

If you can do it, invite those guys above to do the race. They can promote the school and do all the work involve for the races. A win for them and no work for you!

4. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

You are not in a sanctioned series, so what angle within reason will only matter to the degree both sides are the same. The same with the rest of the details.