Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Oy vey - so after steel in motion we went to do farm work and ol miss Kim announces she'll cut down all the poison oak and haul it away because she is immune.

After 3 weeks of doctor visits, we still didn't make it to the London race. For what its worth she ain't immune.

2. Road trip! I had 5 hemi blocks and 6 heads that needed shipped to Nebraska. That’s not gonna be cheap. Hell let’s go see Nick! It’s only 2000 miles in 3 days why not?

My hilborn is done and that’s $200 to ship so I’ll pick it up while I’m there.
    29019D0A-07C6-4CBF-BEE8-B7689314E942.jpeg DC890FF7-5D75-4DA9-9597-BF591C18AF62.jpeg 836B3A96-9639-4321-8869-89BBD0FEE1C0.jpeg EFA84523-DD34-4166-A154-DA62856348E4.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    enloe, Thor1, stealthcruiser and 10 others like this.
  3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Nick looks a little overwhelmed.

enloe, Thor1, Hombre and 3 others like this.
  4. jim snow

jim snow

Glad to hear that the crew chief is on the mend. You’re lucky to have that ferocious guard dog on duty.lol. Snowman

Thor1, Dog_Patch, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  5. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

enloe, Thor1, chryslerfan55 and 3 others like this.
  6. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds a noose offensive in your post but I do.

I don't see kolor, i refuse too

I grew up in a house of white native American and black , peace be use all.

7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

^^^^^^^^^^ Don't know WTF you're ranting and raving about, as I have searched diligently and I don't see a noose anywhere in the recent posts.
    I have known Tony and Kim for lots of years, and they are good people who would never dream of putting a noose in one of their posts.
    Are you sure you're taking your meds as prescribed?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Thor1, PBRmeASAP, Randall and 6 others like this.
  8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

As the boss might say "careful fellas".

Thor1 and Dog_Patch like this.
  9. Dave, I thought he was talking about a noose in one of my photos. I can, without reservation, say there is not.

Dog_Patch and dirty old man like this.
  10. Yeah I have been wanting to get out there for years so finally just did it. Hated I could only stay 4 hours.

Thor1, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Tony, I would have come damn close to donating my left nut to get to make that trip with you. I mean what the Hell it's all shriveled up anyhow:oops: Reading Nick's thread on the 283 he's building has me highly impressed with his abilities and skills.

13. 8DFEB0F3-5147-47A3-A48B-332547B713BA.jpeg 95ABDB1E-B46A-4A88-AA5C-B2504F81C0F3.jpeg
    Yeah it was awesome. The A/G times are getting crazy

Thor1, chryslerfan55, Hombre and 2 others like this.
  14. HEMIBERT, Dog_Patch, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  15. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

One thing for sure in any type racing, it takes talent to win. If you don't have the talent you better have plenty of money if you want to run with the guys that do have the talent.
    Example Dean Jonas A/gas car is in the top 4 cars in the SEGA and he built every piece of it himself engine and all even painted it. Less than $30,000 in the whole car.
    Kenneth Phillips 2019 SEGA A/Gas world champ puts in swimming pools for a living and he's the one doing it not a big crew.
    Tim Bailey 2019 SEGA B/Gas world Champ is a manger at a local plumbing supply store and puts in shower doors at night for extra money to race on.
    Leslie Horne C/Gas 2019 SEGA World Champ won the championship with a engine that was built 30 years ago for IHRA Super Stock. i was there he gave 4,500 for it, took it to Fulton changed the cam and put new rods in it. Stock 283 crank, stock 283 block with added 4 bolt main caps and the old 292 chevy cast iron heads from the mid 1970's.

Dog_Patch, loudbang, enloe and 3 others like this.
  16. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Yeah, I made it out great time as always! Quain thanks for pointing out those facts about the budget cars etc..... I've noticed the cars seem faster year after year. With 8th mile there is no time for mistakes and there are close appearing finishes more heats than not

Dog_Patch, loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  17. southcross2631

southcross2631

If you can build your own stuff. Then the SEGA is affordable. It can expensive if have to have all of your work done by somebody else.
    Of course you have to have the money to travel and you have have more talent than it takes to drive a cow down a lane.
    I will have about 7 grand in my new Super Stock car and 100 percent of the car will be parts except for the machine work and balancing of the engine parts.
    I paid 50 bucks for a wore out 289 that needed a sleeve. Swapped out used parts for some of my parts.
    Dug out a 9 inch Ford out of a 57 Ford wagon that had been setting on the ground with a creek running through the housing every time it rained hard.
    Do side jobs and work at a golf course to buy parts.
    Thanks to some great HAMB members for donating a few parts to help with my project.

18. No disrespect intended to anyone. Successful racing of any kind takes infinitely more hard work and dedication than the average fan realizes. Money alone will never be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

enloe and loudbang like this.
  19. The guys that do well test and test and test. I literally only make 3 passes per race. 2 qualifying and one round. Then it's back to work M-F and back to the farm the next weekend and back to work etc. There's no one to blame but myself for my car and skills. It's fun and my life is all about shoving 10 pounds of life in a 5 pound sack. If a guy can get on the dyno and the track enough it will show at the races. By the same token you can take the worst driver, put him in the fastest car and he won't win.

enloe, jim snow, NHRANUT and 3 others like this.
  20. Chick Magnet's car number is 69 o_O

stealthcruiser and loudbang like this.
  21. southcross2631

southcross2631

He went from Having the Stud Muffin to driving the Chick Magnet. No lack of ego there.:rolleyes:

enloe, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  22. Blue-Collar-HotRods

Blue-Collar-HotRods

I wonder if there is a sponsorship deal with Gene Fulton, because I was at the mooresville event, and he was mentioned about 50 times at least..."Fulton power" under the hood....literally never ending

23. wvenfield

wvenfield

3 passes is racing. When (and if ) I ever get my car done I don't really expect to do any better. Someone has to be there for the faster guys to beat.

24. savannahDan

savannahDan

I realize you may be just kidding, but he's actually a really nice guy.

enloe, dirty old man and Dog_Patch like this.
  25. savannahDan

savannahDan

No sponsor deal with Fulton, he's just an excellent engine builder and is fairly local to many of the racers. Fulton and PAR are big names that you'd hear mention of many times at nearly any race in the southeast.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  26. Blue-Collar-HotRods

Blue-Collar-HotRods

Do any of you guys know what engine combination is in the "chick magnet"???