Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration C-Cab Form

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boryca, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Daaammmmmmmnnnnnnn I am not on denver and am interested. I wonder if I could make one foe me then get my money back out of it????????

Deuces and High test 63 like this.
  3. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

4. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Whoa! Im in denver. I almost think I need this, but where to put it

5. I guess you will have to put it at my house. The raven and me can be up in a day to get it. :D :D :D

Deuces, raven, chryslerfan55 and 2 others like this.
  6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

7. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

This is a perfect solution to the problem. :D:cool:

raven and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That would be a deal for someone who already had a fiberglass molding operation going.

Boryca likes this.
  9. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I would bet that you could sell a few of them.

(like maybe one to me)

10. I have wanted a c cab for a long time. I missed a good one one the HAMB a long time ago and am still kicking myself.

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and Sky Six like this.
  11. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

@porknbeaner if you want, i can go look it over in person. I do have some knowledge of glassing and molds. I built for Zipper for a while before he sold the company. Id love it for myself, but havent the room or desire to start popping off bodies

12. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

I remember building a C-cab paddy-wagon model as a kid - hot rodded and raked and all. I've definitely got a soft spot too... Maybe a fiberglass one will scratch your itch ;)

13. Just a warning to whoever does buy it. Hope you want one for yourself because you'll be getting about 50/60 "Go for it man, I've always wanted one, you'll make back your investment in no time" bullshit replies. After you lay out the cash, spend the time and energy to get the damn thing made, those same 50/60 replies change to "How much?!! Don't remember them costing that much 20/30yrs ago. Ain't got the room right now. Kinda cash strapped. Gotta finish some other things first. The wife says no way." If you're lucky, you'll have two out of the original 60 that step up and buy. The rest were just sellin' 'wolf cookies'.

GZ and Tman like this.
  14. LOL I know a little bit not enough to be called an expert. I would love to have it but I am so broke I can't afford to pay attention. :D

Sky Six likes this.
  15. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

oh @RJP I know all about those lookie lou kinds. If I were to take it on, and If I were to build to sell Id probably just make 1 or 2, get one for myself to play with, and any after that would take a deposit down before making anything. Ive done the pinstriping gig plenty long enough to know about the yeah i wanna get this striped next week... o

16. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

I remember back in the 1980s when these bodies were being offered for sale. You still see finished cars that were built 20+ years ago with this C cab body offered for sale. I think I recently just saw one or two street rods on Ebay with this body. Not sure who made or sold them, maybe Poly Form?