Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Is summit belly up?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by birdman1, Jun 23, 2020.

1. birdman1

birdman1

I have been trying to call summit two days now, no body home. Anyone else have any experience like this with them? I hope not!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

You can order online?

3. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I had that problem with Jegs last month. I chalked it up to everything going on these days. They eventually answered an email and took care of my issue.

4. tjm73

tjm73

What number are you using?

5. Probably a lot of parts stores have cut down on the number of employees available due to the economic situation. I have run into that. One place I called that normally has a large staff is down to 2 or 3.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

We have seen shipping delays too, even from manufacturers. My guess is it is virus protocols bogging things down.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. alchemy

alchemy

My little bro was going to order a pair of tires from Summit or Coker. I said I'd do it and use my Alliance discount. The Coker clerk said the tires would ship within 48 hours and then arrive about 5 days later. They were on my deck in 2 days. We were glad we didn't order from Summit.

8. Clik

Clik

Summit, Jegs and Speedway have been doing great in my opinion. I usually get stuff in two days. I have a box on the porch right now. Of course that's IF they have it in stock.

9. bchctybob

bchctybob

Yeah, I sure hope not, I just ordered a tach. I did get an order acknowledgment from them so I’m pretty sure they are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Ranchero59 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. Got a order in this morning from Summit. HRP

11. Summit has been nothing short of outstanding for me. I get my items quickly and I’m taken care of when a mistake has been made, my fault or theirs.

12. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

They're just like any other business these days, things are taking longer than normal. From their website:

• Call us at 1-800-230-3030. Representatives are available 8 am to midnight pm Eastern Monday through Friday, and 9 am to 10 pm Eastern Saturday and Sunday. Please be advised that wait times may be longer than normal.

No matter how you place your order, we will ship it as quickly as possible. We are doing our best to ensure the fastest shipping and delivery, your order will take longer due to delays caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

13. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just ordered last week and recieved yesterday. Perfect service as always.

14. cavman

cavman

About a month ago, I ordered a cowl induction hood from them for an OT car I own. Ordered at 9:00 am on a Monday, it was in my driveway by 10:00 am two days later. Halfway across country. Pretty good service in my book.

15. Just got an order a week ago.
    The technical support line is shut down, which is a real bummer. They were a great source of information in the past.

31hotrodguy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just got another shipment yesterday.

Ground, overnight, free shipping.

17. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

got an order last week.cant get online live chat which is great for enquiries from overseas

18. birdman1

birdman1

I was asking for a refund. They emailed me to send it back and they said they will take care of it. Just bothered me that I was unable to talk to anyone. I am sure they are dealing with the virus too.

19. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I get shipments from them regularly. If you order tonight on line and it is in stock, they will ship it tomorrow. I usually get free shipping and usually get my stuff in 2 days. Can't beat it, plus they have an excellent website. As someone else mentioned, their return policy is great.

20. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If everything is in Reno and I order before 2:00 pm I get it in So Cal by 5:00 the next day.

Lil32 likes this.
  21. Dyce

Dyce

I called speedway motors and had to listen to beach boys good vibrations 6 times before I got a human being. I was about ready to claw out my own ear drum.

el Scotto likes this.
  22. 5window

5window

Good Vibrations is 3 minutes and 35 seconds long so, if they actually used to whole song, that's 21.5 minutes-long, but no unheard of. OTOH, you could have listened to Yes:"Gates of Delirium" just once. I'll stay with the 'Boys

Driver50x, pitman, Jon SSS and 5 others like this.
  23. I’ve always had great service from Summit. About a month ago, my nephew allegedly ordered some white steel wagon wheels for his O/T F-150. He claims they kept moving the shipping date back and after waiting for three weeks, he canceled the order. They were 15x7 size. A few months ago, I ordered 14x6 wagon wheels for my O/T Ranger and had them in three days as usual. To my line of reasoning, the 14x6’s would have been more oddball than the 15x7’s. I’m beginning to think he never ordered them.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5window likes this.
  24. southcross2631

southcross2631

Summit is alive and well and a sponsor of the SEGA. If you need a 10 percent off coupon just send me a PM and I will get you the discount code.

25. evintho

evintho

Due to Covid-19 their phone lines are way backed up. I ordered wheels from Summit last week and needed to talk to someone 'cause I had a few questions. I called around 10pm and was put on hold for 1/2 hour but patiently waited it out. They normally answer the phone right away. Finally got someone around 10:30 who answered all my questions and took my order.
    Wheels arrived the next day around noon!

26. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Living this close to the Sparks NV warehouse certainly has its advantages.

Effectively instant delivery.

27. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Ordered wheel studs late yesterday afternoon, said I would get them Thursday. They arrived today at noon. Their online site does say do to Covit delay's may occur.

28. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

I live in lower Alabama and if I order early enough I sometime get order the next day or two days. I think it comes out of Georgia. Should say that this was pre COVID might be longer now.

29. mopacltd

mopacltd

Summit has been getting a bunch of my "dead presidents" lately. And I don't think they have any problems with getting my projects to the next level. And fast!

30. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

When I saw the thread title it got me worried. Good to hear that rumours of their demise are greatly exaggerated, to paraphrase Mark Twain.

I can switch my phone to speaker mode, so when on hold I just carry on doing something else until the person comes on to the line, so I don't waste any time.