Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Atco Raceway to close?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldolds, Jun 23, 2020.

1. oldolds

oldolds

2. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Like English Town.

Pass The Torch likes this.
  3. sshep

sshep
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, I heard about this last night as well. It sucks to see another track possibly close. I ran the 8.50 Index class there for several years. Great track and I would be sorry to see it go.

stillrunners likes this.
  4. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Bad deal but your suppose to stay home. We are required to have NO fun and be good little sheeples. Lippy

5. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Very true, no events no money coming in, this means places have to close up!

6. dan31

dan31

Most around here have been afraid of this for a long time. The stands have been empty for years so the writing was on the wall. I didn't go there a lot but have been to every Philadelphia Modifiers race in the last 4-5 years or so and spent time there when i was younger. A friend texted me yesterday that he was there testing and had a conversation with one of the track officials who said it wasn't 100 percent official yet but not looking good:(. Guess i'll go this Friday and get some Atco swag, looks like it will be a collectors item soon.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. 5window

5window

Yeah,you could also crowd in there gaping like turkeys looking up at the rain and spread a nice virus to those around you. Somebody's grandpa, maybe. Sorry you're inconvenienced. :(

8. sunbeam

sunbeam

Cars are not a big deal to teenagers any more. Think what the stands would have looked like in the 60s if you took out the teenagers. I ask my grandson why he didn't wash his truck answer it still get me where I want to go.

loudbang, 1934coupe and flatford39 like this.
  9. Lots of normal businesses are failing and may not reopen at all. If we can go 3-4 months without a venue it may not come back at all. I've seen nail places, Chinese food shops, barbers with all the outside signs removed.

10. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Red. Wear a mask and don't hug everyone. Plus my post gave you something to do. :D

11. Raced my motorcycle there back in the 80's. Hate to see another track gone!

12. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

I never had racing money, barely time on weekends. covered 5 shifts, for mom and dad. But The time I managed to spend there, was glorious. Always left with a giddy head. Made sure that my daughter got the thrill of it. those were THE DAYS.

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. Some local guys would rent the track on off days, tuners, drag cars, street cars... all good. It really is one of the last remaining places in the north east.

14. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Jeez, that is terrible news. Not many dragways left up here. New England Dragway in Epping, NH is the only one left?