Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another New (Old) Guy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Slack Blabbath, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Slack Blabbath

Slack Blabbath

I'm new to the H.A.M.B. so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Jim Cleary, I'm 64, and I live in Minneapolis, MN. I have a 1963 Chevy II that I am in the process of making into a "streetable funny car" (inspired by Steve Magnante's cover story of the same name in the May 2001 issue of Hot Rod):
    IMG_E3840.JPG
    I bought my car on eBay in 2010 and have been working on it in my spare time after work and on the weekends ever since. This is my first hot rod project, so I'm learning how to do things as I need to (started welding last year), and I'm making lots of rookie mistakes along the way. Here's where I started:
    1963_Chevrolet_Nova_Right_Side.JPG
    Here's where I am now:
    IMG_3928.JPG
    IMG_3929.JPG

2. Wow... Now that is a cool looking machine. Welcome to HAMB mate.

OzMerc

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Slack Blabbath

Slack Blabbath

Thanks OzMerc!

lothiandon1940 and OzMerc39 like this.
  4. Looks like you are moving right along, just remember when welding sheet metal, skip around with small spot welds to keep the warping down.

5. Slack Blabbath

Slack Blabbath

Thanks for the reminder -- It's been apart for so long that I'm impatient to start putting it back together, but I need to remember to slow down and do it right. I already undid some welding I did on the other side because I didn't take my time.