Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Ever hear the term Road Dog?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 18, 2020.

1. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

2. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Randy sold the car to Vic when he bought the 3W coupe, vic's profile shows the car after it was fixed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  3. I remember that day like it was yesterday, Randy really should not have been driving that far by himself, his wife was out of town so he drove all the way to Livonia, Georgia from Columbia, South Carolina for a cruise in, he had been recovering from a 5 bypass heart surgery a few months earlier, he was less than two blocks from where we were parked, we actually heard the accident.

Randy was really shaken up, Dave & I pulled the fend away from the tire and we got him out of the sun and into the shade, we all went to the sub shop to cool off, it was hotter than a 4 balled tom cat.

I tried to get Randy to ride back to my house with Dave since he had air in his coupe,Brenda could drive my roadster and I would drive Randy's coupe, I was afraid he was going to have another heart attack because he was so shaky & pale.

I told Randy we would drive him home and worry about the coupe later or he could drive my daily driver pickup home.

Randy was Randy, he said he appreciated the offers but insisted he was feeling better and with that we walked out of the sub shop and headed toward his car, I told him I would follow him home and he wouldn't have it, we followed him as far as Anderson, we stopped for gas and I tried to get him to stay with us but he insisted again that he was fine.

He called me about 3 hours later and he made it home just before it got dark, I think that was the first time I was able to start breathing again.

No doubt about it, Randy was a Road Dog,even if his health was not good. HRP

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    The37Kid, 47ragtop, lo c dan and 3 others like this.
  4. Today would have been Randy's 72 Birthday, he passed away 7 years ago but his knowledge still lives on here on the hamb. :)

The way the threads I post are being deleted this one probably won't last long. HRP

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    47ragtop, lo c dan, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  5. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

Its nice for you to honor a good friend. Any man that owns a Schnauzer is a good man! Love them dogs.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. I never knew Randy Nash, other than from this site.
    He has /had my respect putting serious miles on his old jalopy.
    Road Dog name seems appropriate in this case.

loudbang likes this.
  7. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

The guy had some nice cars! There used to be a younger guy who went by/his cars name, of "log dog", here on the HAMB. Had a 49-50 4 door Chevrolet he had installed a SBC in. Like so many, he just disappeared from the forums one day. I think some of these guys decide being a grease monkey, car guy, just is't for them after all. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. Whaaat?

HOTRODPRIMER and loudbang like this.
  9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I never personally met Randy, but I talked to him on the phone a lot when I was building my Hiboy roadster.
    He was a big help in giving me advice on the installation and use of a Zip's water pump riser, among other things.
    Always patient with my questions, even the dumb ones. Yes, he was a real Southern Gentleman for sure.

HOTRODPRIMER and loudbang like this.
  10. I ran across this photo today when I was deleting old emails. HRP

Road Dog Randy

DSC01904.jpg

47ragtop, lo c dan and loudbang like this.
  11. ERguitar

ERguitar

Man, I remember reading an article about that bike/guy as a kid. Texas as I remember with a pinto 4 cyl right?

loudbang and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  12. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

It was a 4 cylinder Chevy II motor.
    We had a sign on the fence BEWARE of Dog. The kids saw the sign a d started calling the dog Beware thus the dogs name became BEWARE.

loudbang likes this.
  13. I hear the term Road Dawg a lot. In a certain subculture is a term to describe a Nomad.

Danny I never knew your friend Nash, but he sounds like a good man. :cool:
    Actually this is a road dawg.

bloodrun.jpg

Chavezk21 and loudbang like this.
  14. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

what's a Raw Dog ? RIP Randy

loudbang likes this.
  15. Randy was everything Deuce, he road his Harley Deuce often ..

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  16. The title of this thread reminded me of the artwork Kent @Bash did of our '57 Chrysler 300 C Coupe (now owned by John @johnl Lazenby):

KentBashRoadDog .jpg

A cropped version of the painting appeared on the cover of the January 1993 issue of Fantasy & Science Fiction magazine ... for an award winning story by Jack Cady, entitled "The Night We Buried Road Dog":

Fantasy & Science Fiction magazine cover (January 1993).jpg

Note that the '57 300 C was the last project my father & I worked on together before his death ... and the car in which I drove my mother and siblings in to his memorial service.

RIP Dad :( ... RIP Randy @Deuce Roadster Nash :(

dirty old man likes this.