Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 Ford pass car bumpers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1lucky1, Jun 21, 2020.

1. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Are there any differences between the front and rear bumper, Thanks

2. Just make sure you install them right side up. :D HRP

3. Fogger

Fogger

Locally at the swap meets repo '32 bumpers sell for $200. Restored originals straightened and chromed go for $800. I've seen original bumpers that had a slight curve and others that were straight. The repo bumpers have a heavy washer inside the middle end knuckle that you can feel with a finger. Originals don't and usually have a larger set of knuckles. Yes, front and rear bumpers are interchangeable.

4. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Thanks,I have 2 original bumpers,One is flat/straighter than the other one and I want to get them rechromed !

5. redo32

redo32

While some other guys have mentioned one end had more curve there was only one part number for both front and rear bumpers, B 17757. Only the sedan delivery had a different rear bumper and because it was a limited run late in the year it was never assigned a part number.
    If you have your original bumpers rechromed have the shop make them match. In actuality original bumpers have a very slight curve and the repos are dead flat between the bolt holes. The other difference often mentioned is the large knuckle and small knuckle. That's referring to the size of the center rib as it curls around the end. It is attributed to different manufacturers.

6. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Thanks, I've been looking at other cars and the bumpers did look flat to me!

7. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

8. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Thanks sent him a message! Anyone have recommendations on good aftermarket bumpers?