Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest I Caught A Scammer Red Handed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flathead Dave, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Put an ad on craigslist and you can catch dozens of them "red handed"...

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  2. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Wrong. The guy was caught. Turned over to the authorities. All info passed on to the authorities. As of Saturday they are investigating.
    Didn't have me on the hook for anything. I had him.
    How many more is unknown and the clown will show up again when it is done with under another name. They don't quit but they have him in their sights now.
    Yes, I am smarter then them.
    You have no idea.

3. donno

donno

I am shocked that your friend got F....D over by Moore's, 'cause I and many other's have done business with them for many years and never a problem.

4. Chainsaw chipper

Chainsaw chipper
    from Illinois

Hi guys,been following this thread and just want to say good luck on getting a postal money order,the post office in our town and the next town west won't issue them while there is a virus lock down.I ve tried several times.

Flathead Dave likes this.
  5. Pre1898

Pre1898
    from Saronville

Flathead Dave...The same story as yours he tried to hit me as well: I was in a conversation via email with : [email protected]. He say's that he is in Florida.
    I was referred to this guy by jasoncleverly722 from the Ford Barn. Trying to buy a $35 cowl vent screen for a 34' Ford. He wont take a Money Order but states to open a banking app on line and give him the details. Frustrated me after 9 e-mails I told him to go pound sand and I would post his name as a scammer on HAMB and Ford Barn.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  6. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

I would have liked to see his face when the authorities found him.

7. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Or flys, they eat $hit and bother people.

8. What I like about this story, is that in the US there is no parole for Federal time. As someone that was scammed many years ago, I am happy to know that you got the bastards.
    I still get angry that, even though I took what I thought were all the precautions, I was scammed. The reason was, that he had scammed his girlfriend by putting it all on her. Scumbag!
    Bob

raymay likes this.
  9. Chainsaw chipper

Chainsaw chipper
    from Illinois

Hi guys,I had run a add wanting a fiber glass carson top and was contacted by Denist from Arizona (who has been banned(first clue) refering me to email [email protected] be careful

10. phat rat

phat rat

I was wondering the same thing. Did the MO get cashed or is it somewhere in never never land?

11. dan31

dan31

Yes ,the scammers are very active on the car forums these days. Had a couple of WTB ads on FBBO (for b bodies only) mopar site. Same deal ,guy answers your post through p.m. and directs you to his "friends" email who has exactly what you want. It must be a volume game as the same dumb ass answered two different WTB ads of mine the same day. It was his second and third post on the forum:rolleyes:

12. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

"I am really disappointed in these scammers. When they first sprung on the scene a few decades ago they sent out very nice letters on watermarked stationary, good English and ink signatures. Lately they have degraded to really bad English emails."

The result of the sad state of decline of the Nigerian Public Education system.

lurker mick and X-cpe like this.