Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest What are your plans for Fathers Day?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 19, 2020.

2. No barbecue for me. Diagnosed recently with a tumor on top of my stomach, lost the ability to eat solid foods and went into the hospital Monday, out by Friday with a feeding tube to my small intestine, which if I'm lucky I'll have for 6-8 months. Don't know final diagnosis, but could whip this thing by Christmas and be back to normal. In the meantime, I'm delighted to be home with my wife and son, who's home from medical school for another three weeks or so. I'm grateful to be alive on Father's Day. A week ago I wasn't sure I'd make it to tomorrow.

3. southcross2631

southcross2631

Working at the golf course until 1pm and then coming home and working on my Comet. Fun fathers day for me. My wife relieves me at 1 and works until close .

4. Seems like I remember you talking about you guys enjoyed hitting that little ball and then going looking for it. HRP

Budget36, Deuces and 3W JOHN like this.
  5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

That humidity is a killer for sure! It was about 95* here today, but that humidity was also about that high, so I didn't stay out very long. I was under my new carport working on my tire machine, it got so hot and sticky you couldn't hardly breath, so I quit and went inside. Can't handle it like I could 40 or even 20 years ago....

6. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Going to be quite here Pam is out of town and my son is still in Germany, I guess I'll go to Waffle house.

7. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I have nothing to do tomorrow. My daughter
    Was here today, gave me a neat blanket that she croshayed, the club in Ord had their cruise, after Mandy left Diane and I jumped in the convertible and drove to Ord for their get together, they grilled dogs and brats. We got home just before storms rolled in. Tomorrow I will take it easy

8. Deuces

Deuces

:confused:o_O

osage orange and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  9. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Probably go for a cruise like we did today. I also see if my old man wants go for a ride with me. He and my mom been in quarantine for 35 days. My mom had the virus. They've both were cleared by the state finally so im ready to go see them. Resized_20200620_175556.jpg Resized_20200620_175217.jpg

10. John, It would be a pleasure to have you join us tomorrow, just going to be me & Brenda, both girls & Veda.

You can come anytime, we plan on eating around 5 PM. HRP

11. Got the time scheduled with my beater and just hope to make a trip or two around the block !

Ron Funkhouser and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  12. southcross2631

southcross2631

Yeah it seems like a dumb thing to do but I have been doing it since I was 12 so bad habits are hard to break.
    Besides it buys race car parts and helps us get down the road with the car. It is a perfect job for retirees like us . Free golf and a paycheck. Plus the opportunity to talk to people and maybe pick up a new sponsor. Business owners play golf and they do not have to be car guys.
    I had the Huddle House restaurants sponsor for 12 years. I fixed the rust in the rear window channel for Jeep Wagoneer and he saw the potential to increase his business and jumped onboard.

13. slim tempo

slim tempo

Father's day gig at Olde Mistick Village, Mistic, CT from 2-4 with my band. First gig in 12 weeks since shutdown. "Room to Move Band" After that, some Weekapaug breachway fishing in Rhode Island till dark. That's me on the left with the natty suit. 64647040_10219923797153197_5284967917836828672_n.jpg

14. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

We will be taking the kids in the Wagon to my parents for a BBQ like we do every year. The maiden voyage for my wagon was to my parents on Father’s Day when I first got her on the road.
    Normally we have my wife’s extended family and 3 generations of a family in the car club that attend the bbq. This year it will only be my parents, my wife and I and our two kids.

I got my dad a Swiss Army knife with a boy scout logo on it. My dad has been a Scout master for 35 years and works at our local scout reserve, but this year they’ve been shut down for the summer and he’s a little bummed.

Ms Aldeanfan got me some beverages to get me through the afternoon, very appropriate since we have a vintage Airstream. This brewery is on Toronto Ontario.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Goin fishing with my oldest boy, so even if the fish aren't biting, it will be a good day:)

16. 2935ford

2935ford

Gunna get several cars together and do cruise by at 3 local long term care homes.

17. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Going to fix the railing on my neighbors pool, then try to get some garage time if it is not too hot. Went for a 3 mile walk with the better half this morning, then made her breakfast. Lost Dad a couple of years ago but grateful to have had him in my life for 64 years.

18. Joe Mammana

Joe Mammana
    from Tucson AZ

Gonna take a drive in the old Wayfarer with the fam before it hits triple digit temps (no ac) then grilling and hanging in the pool!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

19. Gonna attend the funeral of a good car buddy today. Come home and see what my wife and dog have in store for me. Like in post #65, it's hot here and humid too (SC). Between the funeral and the weather, too bummed to mess with the car. Picks me up to know that many HAMB brothers are having Fathers Day as we like to see it be. Enjoy y'all.

20. Darin Younce

Darin Younce

Where ya camping?

55 Ford Gasser likes this.
  21. Going to go eat with my son and the two grand daughter. then come home and chill with the wife

chevy57dude and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  22. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Singing Hills Camp Ground in Cave City, Ky. You'll have to bring your own steaks and a side dish. Lol. Ron

23. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

I am going to try and tune out what is going on and watch the Talladga Nascar Race today.

24. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Unfortunately I am working! After work I will take my mother to the grocery store and if it doesn't rain the wife and I might take our coupe for a ride.

25. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Currently watching last years season of Yellowstone and going to catch some of the NASCAR race.

chevy57dude likes this.
  26. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Well its been an interesting 24 hrs.

I found out my daughter and 2 grand kids are coming to see me, my oldest son has to work, my youngest will be here to.

Bad news, I'm now ban from seeing ronin, my grandson in my avatar. He's my GF daughters son. We let him on the go cart Saturday with my 24 y old son and I guess I was supposed to get his parents permission first.

So after I was "informed" that nothing like that can happen without their permission when we are baby sitting I said fine, asked if I understood, I said fine but silliest thing I heard. At which point I was ban for not showing them respect.... Go figure.....

27. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Just got done grilling and eating. The ribeyes, corn on the cob and baked potatoes were good. For the rest of the day I'm going to kick back and relax. Here comes the rain. One of my Son's called to wish me Happy Father's Day, just waiting for the other one to call.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  28. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Day's end. My Son drive my 56
    [​IMG]

And my Girlfriend and I in the other 56
    [​IMG]

29. We had a nice day, my girl friend came by early with pistachio pancakes, cooked up some scrambled eggs with mushrooms, onion and hot pepper, sausage and bacon. All 4 of us ate on the deck and fed peanuts to the blue jays. I got great gifts from my sons, a window bird feeder we hung on a front window and a grille pan so I can cook things like vegetables outside.

It got hot, around 88, I hung out inside in the AC for a few hours and snoozed. My younger son got dinner together, guacamole (he makes it great), ribs, burgers and dogs. Then we fine tuned the new pool ladder a little. Had a few cold beers as well. Never worked on the Ford, I have a short window early in the day where the driveway is not a blast furnace and missed it.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  30. Fathers Day 2020, I couldn't ask for better. :) HRP