Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features How long did you lurk before joining the HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fourspd2quad, May 14, 2020.

?
  1. I joined when I found this site.

52.3%
  2. I lurked for 1-2 years

29.1%
  3. I lurked for 3 + years

18.6%
  4. I joined when I saw this poll.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Over a year. I joined June 2006.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. Yep, then @Moriarity posts pics of a nos one in his HAMB palace....

3. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Until the restraining order was lifted

loudbang and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  4. How long did I lurk ? I'm guessing a few years three or four maybe? My friends told me about the HAMB. Then I started seeing my Hot Rods show up on here. But I couldn't respond back. So I thought what the hay, and I'd joined. My wife is a pretty private person, and she told me never to post my name, post any pictures, or give out our location on the internet. So when I joined up, I wanted my HAMB name to be the { LOW U.F.O. } .But my real name showed up here instead. lol Then as a proud grandad. I've posted pictures of the grandkids, the wife, my garage, and the Hot Rods etc. etc. Now over 4,000 post, 40,000 likes, 4 threads, and 5 years later. I think of you guys as family, so it's all good. Still the only site on the old inter- web that I'm on.:) 236.jpg Thanks Ron....

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    clunker and chevy57dude like this.
  5. Think i found the HAMB around 2003-4. Finally signed on in 2005. I remember when I joined, Germ flammed me a few times. I would get on late Friday nights and just fuck with guys who asked stupid questions, haha. "How do i lower my S10?", "How do i get my new mirror to look like my old mirror?", "What color should I paint MY car?", "Where can I find a 327 with a 4-bolt main?", "Is a Hemi head Toyota Traditional?". It was like shooting fish in a barrel, haha. Got in trouble all the time.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  6. madmike8

madmike8
    from Tennessee

Lurked, joined in 2011, and mostly lurk since then... seemed like a lot of hatred going around when I first found the HAMB, but that seems to have solved itself. Ive always enjoyed the great amount of knowledge here... if I didn’t learn something, I at least saw some very cool cars...

7. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

People told me abut this place called HAMB. My kids said either we get cable TV or we get the internet. So being the traditional kind of guy, we bought a computer so I could join the HAMB and my kids could go online. Still no cable TV. Switched to a laptop thou. Had to buy my first USB port to plug into the wall yesterday so I could charge my new LED portable work light.

loudbang likes this.
  8. Abomination

Abomination

LMAO! Germ!

Man, there's a name I haven't heard in years...