Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who’s got the coolest truck in the hamb?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flamed48, Sep 19, 2016.

1. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

<<<< My avatar built by Charlie Hall & Son late 50s Tucson Ariz.
    All of the previous trucks are cool IMHO

41 GMC K-18 and loudbang like this.
  2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool elchero bed! The rear inner fenders have nicer paint than 90% of the cars on here. Love the blue bed wood, stain? Seems like the same color on the truck. Care to share?

loudbang likes this.
  3. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

4. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

My Stude

Attached Files:

5. HOW DO I DELETE PICS THAT WONT GO AWAY?
    I want to delete this post and unwanted picture that will not delete.
    I can delete text, but the pic urls are not showing up for me to erase them.
    My phone is acting up and grabbing things I cant get rid of.
    Sorry for the malfunctions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  6. 6724.jpeg

Putting your three kids in the Studebaker truck loaded with a cargo of snow for traction, and sleds jabbed into the snow cargo, then heading for the steepest hill in the county is about the coolest thing I can think of.
    In my book this is the coolest truck picture I have seen.
    well.. running up the Newport Indiana Hill with the kids in the truck was cool too.
    I vote for these as the coolest truck pictures I have seen.
    I know I am biased.
    :)
    6723.jpeg

WHY BE ORDINARY ?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    The Magic Ratchet and jetnow1 like this.
  7. SlamIam

SlamIam

Here's my F1 before I took it apart, currently doing final body work then black SS paint

Attached Files:

8. joegio

joegio

All nice rides! I'll add mine.
    [​IMG]

9. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Sharing it with family is what it is all about. You are creating memories for those kids they will be telling their grandchildren.

10. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

High test 63 and loudbang like this.
  11. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-7-2_5-29-10.png

Hello,

There are very few trucks that I would love to drive around. One was the first custom, 1956 Ford F100 I saw and got a ride from, in Long Beach, back in 1957. It stood out because of the custom additions: Tahitian Red, lowered, chopped at a weird angle, white upholstery, chrome wheels, etc. That was a very cool custom that looked like a show car (truck). If that F100 Ford custom truck were still around, we would drive that in an instant. The truck is still out there, I believe, and has done a good job of hiding all of these years. (damaged, rusted, covered, or preserved for history) SO, WHERE IS IT?

Now 62 years later, here is one other truck that we have seen in So Cal for the last several years. We have seen it during the busy winter season at a So Cal city’s downtown holiday extravaganza. Sometimes we see it cruising around the OC. But, whatever the time or place, it is one truck that we would like to have and drive. It got the “seal of approval” from my wife. Those are hard to come by in this day and age. She was experienced in the 65 El Camino for many years and loves the feel of driving a two-three seater car/truck. She was the primary driver of another later model, El Camino with A/C for another 7 years, after the first encounter.

The look of the white, Chevy truck immediately draws your attention as it sits on a lowered stance. The super looking wheels are the American Mags from the 1960s. There were just enough small touches to make it a custom, but a reliable daily driver. How could it not be a reliable daily driver if it is the rolling advertisement for a small florist’s shop?

upload_2020-2-11_4-21-12.png
    The tired old 283 had been replaced with a more modern upgrade for added power and reliability in our future, daily lives. There would be an instant start up without worrying about the AAA service tech coming to your house or the side of the road.

The truck belongs to a local flower shop. It is a different form of “Shop Truck.”

Jnaki

A custom truck with nice paint, wheels, gauges, bed, etc, is our definition of a cruiser with some usefulness. We like hauling mulch, bark and a million succulents, and other drought resistant plants/shrubs for our converted small yard from grass to a dryscape. What a better way to go get the plants and other stuff for our yard. That is hauling in style, but done carefully, so as to not damage the custom bed. The steps we go to preserve our future, cool cruisers or hot rods…

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    Irish Mike and exterminator like this.
  12. S/S Cat

S/S Cat
    from S.E. Iowa

IMG_3168.jpg IMG_3163.jpg IMG_3164.jpg

This one not too shabby. Sold it late last year.

13. From Phone 1712.JPG
    I have loved this old 62 C10 back from the brink and we've had fun with it... working on a 48 IH KB2 conglomeration of junk parts.

ANYway... FWIW

1 - KiwiKev's - Willys from Sedan Panels was just an exceptional effort that I followed with great anticipation.
    2 - Littleman's - again - an absolute joy to witness and so well executed - in the end , one bad lil' mother.
    3 - Jeff Norwell's - perfect
    4 - nor6304's - love it
    5 - Donut Dave's sweet truck
    6 - 28 Ford PU - centerfold / legendary

Hats off to all the truck lovers in HAMB land - let's get together one day and roast an ox (ot two)... whatta you say?

14. billg51

billg51
    from Ct

15. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. Retrorod

Retrorod

Roadster truck r.jpg Flower's truck. Has to be one of the coolest built by a woman anyway. I can't believe the thing is still with us and drives great after 15 years...unchanged.

Elcohaulic, waxhead and loudbang like this.
  17. IMG_20200308_122301.jpg IMG_20200308_122232.jpg IMG_20200308_122243.jpg Idk about coolest but this truck was born and raised mostly with help of hamb members.even parts...
    Virginia hood
    Utah bumper
    So cal bed,fenders and tailgate...
    Some hood trim from Utah

hidez57, Lepus, blowby and 6 others like this.
  18. RmK57

RmK57

The fellow with the yellow 1957 F-100. Think he's somewhere in California.

IMG_2309.JPG

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  19. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

Impossible decision to make every one is special in its own way.

SlamIam and loudbang like this.
  20. This is one of my favorites too. Nice and clean, unmolested, and is just plain badass. This is one of three trucks that is making me consider ditching my slots for steelies and whitewalls.

Sent from my SM-G965U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Elcohaulic and loudbang like this.
  21. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not sure if this one survived to become a HAMB'ers truck, but it's obviously "cool".
    Ice Truck.jpg

22. Pgaines

Pgaines

23. High test 63

High test 63

24. That’s Chris Swenson’s out of Spokane……

loudbang likes this.
  25. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

LOU WELLS likes this.
  26. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

27. The 53 in my avatar is my choice, but far from the "coolest".
    It's the nicest HAMB friendly truck I have. Resized_20190316_165237.jpeg

28. High test 63

High test 63

loudbang likes this.