Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical need advice on removing crankshaft pulley on 81A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by freoway, Jun 20, 2020.

1. freoway

freoway

Hi. Have a '36 RHD coupe-ute (Canadian build) with a later 24 stud engine. For some reason it has a timing cover with a 3-bolt Lucas distributor. To fit the original type 2-bolt, I need to replace the timing cover, which I've found means I need to remove the crank pulley. It has the hand crank piece at the front of the pulley. Am I meant to remove this first? Do I use a harmonic balancer puller or similar? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The crank ratchet is a bolt that can be removed with a deep socket, 1-1/4" if memory serves correctly. Take it off and then use a standard puller.

Ford crankshaft nut.jpg

3. Why do you keep including this? The chassis came from there.
    Probably from a Pilot (English)

4. freoway

freoway

I wasn't aware that all chassis's were from Canada. I had thought that some were US and some were Canadian (ones being delivered to Oz being the latter). Apologies for my ignorance! And yes, the Lucas setup is most likely out of a Ford Pilot.

5. freoway

freoway

Thanks NMCarNut. That makes life a lot easier. I hadn't noticed the hex head under the crank ratchet. Cheers!

6. freoway

freoway

All came out easily. Thanks.

TrailerTrashToo likes this.