Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pretty Pin Up Girls with Tools...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd do it. I'm having some TASTEFUL pin-up style photos done of me and my car mid-august by Viva Van Story. She does really nice stuff, and introed here a while back before everyone had her for breakfast.

I'm hoping some of the other gals would get involved too... There's nothing wrong with being girly and greasy at the same time, right?

http://www.vivaspinups.com/cms/index.php

Stacey

2. beegator

beegator

Geez, all I have are my bodybuilding pics and flopper pics. :rolleyes:

3. DEEPNHOCK

DEEPNHOCK

Need your nutz tightened?
    Jeff:cool:

[​IMG]

4. beegator

beegator

Ocala, I'm in Gainesille.

5. ground_pounder

ground_pounder

never too young to be a dirty ol man....

i have become a huge pinup fan over the last few years, seems to me its viewed as more art than smut. theres a lotta the other out there, but the eye to capture that image is talent, i dont care who you are. or maybe its just a good excuse, "ah hunny, thats ok, its just art.." haha

6. eye bone

eye bone

Are we talking Illustration or Photos? My self I'm getting a little sick of the current trend toward the photo-dominated media these days. No offence to any photographers out there… I'm just talking balance. I'm usually packing a camera too. But Illustration has its place and it's too!

So dose this count as trashy… or classy?

Attached Files:

7. TERPU

TERPU

Sure we are, just not P.I.P.- Pigs in Public!

8. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Eat some burgers Chica

9. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

I suggest if the HAMB 07 Pinup calender is made we use Tommies idea. That would give it a nostalgiac feel. Although, I dont know I want my women to have a "nostalgiac feel".

10. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

Or a fat line of Tweek!! That bitch needs a sandwich!!:D

11. Shoprag

Shoprag

This is all good until it comes to openning the door (car or regular) for them or buying them dinner and all the other crap Men should do to try and win them over.

Equal rights my ass, never had one open the door for me.

12. Radshit

Radshit

How about one from our very own Dan Picasso........

Attached Files:

13. Jai

Jai
    from Dallas, Tx

I get annoyed at all the more sleaze-style pinups of today also. It's just... well... kind of sad really.

As for a HAMB calender, I'm not exactly model material, but I'd buy one no doubt. But yes, I'd want it to be full of hot chicks that do their own work, not just models that like old cars... we have plenty of those already. The term "dime a dozen" comes to mind. No offense to the models on here, I just think it would be refreshing to see a hot chick posing with a wrench that actually knows how to use it...

14. I really like those illustrated pin-ups, they're more cute than sexy, except for miss psycho who's just scary. But what scares me the most are my own thoughts:

Scantily clad... pin-ups.... must... buy.... Rigid Tools....

Damn, I don't even think you can buy them here in Sweden.

:D

15. eye bone

eye bone

If we were to do a H.A.M.B. calendar… How bout two of them… One pick 12 diferent artists from the "friday art show" to each contribute a "Pinup w/Tool" illustration. And do another one with 12 diferent Photographers & 12 diferent models…

Or you could combine them some way… or trade off photos/models one year, painted pinups the next… cource all these folks deserve to be paid… and four color printing can add up! … Oops sorry got a little carried away!… Aw screw it! :D

Yep, how bout that Petty? Huh? He was a good pinup artist among many… But my all time fave is Elvgren…

In all seriousness I miss that old Pin-up stuff too… sort of pre loss of innocence stuff…

So we do what we did with the cars… we just do old style, and reinterpret it in our own way… actually it's aready hapening… artists like Weesner and Vince Ray… The new Berlesque scene… Barracuda Mag…

Just treat the women with respect… acknowledge their humanity… you know? That's all they want… We can do that and still be men! For christ sakes!

Spoggie likes this.
  16. I don't know man...that's some bitchin' artwork, but those chicks seem to be a little too happy to ruin all that pipe (if you see where I'm goin').

17. Jai

Jai
    from Dallas, Tx

I was thinking that too... crazed look, "pipe" cutter... EEK! :eek: Wonder if her name is Lorena.

If I were a guy, that one would give me a frightening association with Rigid (yet another euphamism for ya there, could go both ways too).

18. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From the "for what it's worth" dept., my aunt Joyce was a Petty model. In the old photos she was pretty damn good lookin in her day. Sadly, she passed away from complications related to alcohol in her mid 30s. She was also a very talented artist. A few minutes with a pencil and she'd do your face nearly photo perfect. A genuine loss. Dad (his sis) doesn't speak of her too much. It hurt him bad when she died. I think I was around 5-6yrs old, and I remember her distinctive laugh but little else.

I've often wondered what of his works had her images.

19. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I didn't understand until the crushproof photoshoot with the red light gals, but for some reason, the redhead always walks in and says "gimmie the BIGGEST wrench ya got."
    and all you can do is go fetch it for her...thus explaining the tiny girl/wrench so big she can berely hold it up scenario.

20. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Since I started this thread, and others have added actual pin up girls, here is my wife (so no pervy comments please), as photographed by David Perry- He is the original, and the most imitated of modern pin up girl photography, and still the best, IMO.

Attached Files:

21. eye bone

eye bone

I agree, as far as modern pin up photographers go… or even photoagraphers in general… I really admire his stuff!

I still wanna see more Illustration! LOL

22. Spike!

Spike!

Go to: www.modelmayhem.com and search for Photographer #80652 That's my work. I'm working on a 2007 Pin-Up Calendar..

Spike

23. Roothawg

Roothawg

24. OldsGuy

OldsGuy

That is a really CLASSY photo, and you wife is very attractive. Good Calendar material there....

25. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

26. I'll take old cheesecake over new skank anyday of the week. Class is always class. Remember the old movies when sexual innuendo was subtle, sly, and an artform? Saying what you want to say when the censors had the final say made you much more creative.

Like I told my 10 year old boy when he asked why I wouldn't let him swear. A well place "fuck" from a gentleman has more impact than 1,000 "fucks" from a bonehead.

Less is more.

27. Is it OK to say I both hate and envy you even though we've never met. :D

Beautiful and understated. Very nice.

28. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I agree. As a girl who has spent most of her life in garages filled with naked tool girl calendars and posters I would welcome the addition of a classy pin up. I would definitely volunteer for the HAMB pin up calendar. Just recently I was contacted about being photographed for a calendar along the same lines as someone mentioned a few posts back. Girls being girls, not slutty girls, working on their cars. I guess the photographer wants to make a calendar of just regular gals and their cars. I'm pretty stoked about the opportunity!:D

29. ray

ray
    from colorado

i'll clarify being you quoted me out of context, i too prefer the tasteful stuff, what i was talking about is the opinion of the general masses who have no real taste and think any skinny skank with fake tits and a thong is hot.

30. Gas_Tires_Oil

Gas_Tires_Oil

Cool freakin site! That's a keeper for my favorites menu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.