Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Canadian Historic Hot Rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goldmountain, May 5, 2020.

1. Thanks brother Stogy....much appreciated!!!

VANDENPLAS, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  2. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Still say one of the best dragsters ever built from a look standpoint. My Dad has pics of this car racing in Mission. Love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  4. brad2v

brad2v

[​IMG]
    Banff rod run?

Stogy likes this.
  5. goldmountain

goldmountain

That image was stolen from an article on the Banff run in the May 1973 issue of Street Rod magazine. I would work in Banff in the summer in the early 70's, have a great time and come home broke.

6. 1932 Ford Roadster, Originally built in the mid 50's, this picture is from the 60's after it was resurrected following being driven very hard & making a name for it self with the local police & ultimately being partially stripped & left for dead behind a shed. Photo taken in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario at the bottom of Bruce Street Hill. 20200731_214706.jpg

alanp561, Stogy, AndersF and 3 others like this.
  7. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Canadian Hot Rod....

Yes this is a bit tongue in cheek, but there is actual hot rod provenance here....

The Aloutte Snowmobile Company built this "Big Al" to go after the land speed record on snow in 1971. Designed by George Barris and Dick Kraft. It was designed for 300 kph (186 mph), but never saw the track due to the oil embargo.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More Info and Pics:
    https://www.bosscatlegacy.com/miscproto/alouette/alouette.htm

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  8. Cool thread !!

I worked with a kid years ago that kept telling stories of his grandpa building hot rods s in the 60’s and 70’s mostly show cars.
    Built a keg car if I remember right and a fully upholstered top n bottom T
    Along with other cars.
    Had a bunch stored in containers on a farm.

name was / is Gerry Simms , Jerry Simms , Sims ??

Google gets me nothing, but the boy did come in with a photo album if very late 60’s 70’s over the top show cars.
    Wondering if anyone remembers him and his creations .

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There was a Metalshaper/Fabricator in Halton Hills by the name of Kieth Sim...he drove a Ragged Divco Hotrodded Truck in Halton Region and works out of same...perhaps he is the son of the fella you are referring too.

http://tgc4u.com/ksimmetal/services.php

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    loudbang likes this.
  10. Thanks @Stogy I know this Keith,
    Great guy I bought parts off him a long time ago before he opened his shop.

No the guy I’m talking about is / was German had a partner ship with a paint company and hit the show circuit with his creations.

min his old age he worked in a farm fixing stuff and had about 6 of his show cars stored in the farm in the back of truck trailers and shipping containers.

His grandson showed me pics of a white t with upholstered wheel wells and said the full underside was upholstered

a bubble too something
    And another FAD T type creation.

brought in a magazine where pops was featured as well.

11. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    loudbang and VANDENPLAS like this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very Cool pic Denns...it's very interesting seeing the Hotrod Following this side of the Great Divide...There were many awesome rides and that is no surprise for so many reasons but border proximity and The Media Platforms obviously played a factor in that...but the Vintage Pics Ice the Cake...

loudbang and VANDENPLAS like this.
  13. The car on the bottom is still here in BC. It was rescued in the early 80s where it was being used as a chick coupe. John Beddington and Donny Miller rebuilt the car, along with us kids! I know where the original grill is from the pic above but the owner wont sell it and wouldnt sell it to John when he was redoing the car. It is now black with flames abd has a SBC in it. The car raced at Bonneville in the late 50s / early 60s.

-Shiny

14. My favourite!!! BEC3D4F2-7983-4FCF-84E0-FE2FF46F24CD.jpeg

fegsta, D type, bowie and 1 other person like this.