Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest What are your plans for Fathers Day?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 19, 2020.

1. I know a lot of you guy's on the left coast have a long history with the L A Roadster Show and I suspect a lot of us have attended a show or cruise-in this weekend.

Here in town our Annual Downtown Fathers Day Car show has also been cancelled, for years these shows have become a event we look forward to but now we to come need a new plan.

I'm going to get in the old beater and drive around & check in with fellow club members I haven't seen in the past 3 months and see what they have been up to, later in the day the girls & grandchildren are coming over for a BBQ. HRP

Regardless of what you do be safe and have a great Fathers Day. HRP

2. Gman0046

Gman0046

Having a BBQ with our Daughters family and plan to play it safe. All car shows in the Kentucky area have been cancelled. Normally the Thurs, Fri and Sat before Fathers Day the Hot Rod Reunion takes place in Bowling Green Kentucky. It has been postponed until August. Sure hope it takes place.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    chryslerfan55, 3W JOHN, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  3. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

I'll be sitting in Camp Ground in Kentucky and grilling Ribeyes, etc on my Weber Grill. Where I've been for 3 wks and 3 to go. Sorry, nothing car related. Just social distancing and relaxing.

triumph 1, slim38, 3W JOHN and 4 others like this.
  4. Dusty roads

Dusty roads
    BANNED

Getting out of town and heading up to the mountains. No T.V. just spending quality time with the family and celebrating our 51st anniversary.

3W JOHN, j3harleys, 47ragtop and 9 others like this.

5. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

Congrats! We celebrate our 51st in August.

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Eat'n BBQ and Drink'n Beer
    upload_2020-6-19_9-15-12.jpeg

chryslerfan55, 3W JOHN, Lil32 and 4 others like this.
  7. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Not much, the car show that I normally go to has been canceled. It’s a Saturday and Sunday deal, the club contacted some of the long time regulars they are going to have a club cruise Saturday with grilled hot dogs and stuff at their club house afterwards. We are going to drive over for the grille out. I would do the cruise but my daughter is going to be in town during the day

8. 4tford

4tford

BBQ at my house 8 LB brisket on the smoker with family. Probably take car picture with my latest grandchild they seem to like sitting in my cars.

9. probably the same shit as any other day..........that's what happens when your retired..........

jaw22w, 3W JOHN, Petejoe and 4 others like this.
  10. I'll take a drive in the '57.

11. We had discussed taking the old Shasta camper out to one of the camp grounds on the lake but since the social distancing ever other space is empty and we didn't make arrangements ahead of time, all 3 campgrounds are at half capacity and that's all they will allow. HRP

12. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

I'm going to give my Dad a Savage Model 24C just like the one in the collection he sold to keep us fed, back in '81 when the times got hard.
    I hardly ever go into Pawn shops but there it was.....I probably paid twice the value but to me it was priceless. I had to get it.

13. We are having a "cruise in" at a local brewery in the morning. (No, I will not be drinking beer...) Afterwards, we will be going out to see my father-in-law. (I plan on picking up a "growler" from the brewery for that!)

14. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My daughters in law will show up with a good bottle of tequila and we will have margaritas. I have used a recipe for years and they think there is nothing better than that recipe.

15. Your a good man, I know your dad will be surprised. :) HRP

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    chryslerfan55, 3W JOHN and F-ONE like this.
  16. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Gonna grill some steaks and sausages. Thinking about BBQing some ribs and a brisket. Don't know yet about the ribs and brisket. I do very good ribs and brisket.
    I guess I'll find out later on today.

chryslerfan55, 3W JOHN, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  17. das858

das858

Going to put a new carb on my Dad's 1940 International , he turns 88 this weekend. 20190902_124232.jpg

18. 56MercMan

56MercMan

Fathers day car show cancelled. I am going to go to AAA today and see if I can get my Mercury some plates so hopefully I can at least go for a drive.

3W JOHN, Lil32 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  19. Nothin’ special. I’ll sleep till noon then go work some more on cleaning and reorganizing my little shop in the basement. I let it go for so long that cleaning it has become a MAJOR task. ‘Been working on it for about 2 weeks and can now see the tops of the work benches. 1F660C40-5F6D-49B4-8891-54AE17B94C54.jpeg

20. AHotRod

AHotRod

My wife and I are going to church, then some lunch, that's about it.

21. I'll be driving home from Bowling Gree...nope.
    I'll be driving home from Back to the 5....nope.

Well I guess after our Zoom church service we will grill a steak.

Phil

22. catdad49

catdad49

Getting ready for the annual Family vacation!

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  23. 4ty

4ty

CT is in phase 2 lockdown, restricted indoor dining. I'm betting any restaurant open will be crowded. Local market has Lobsters on sale, so Lobsters and corn on the cob. Will also take a ride in the 40.
    Daughter and husband coming next weekend to celebrate Father's Day and His Birthday.
    Happy Father's Day to everyone.
    Paul in CT

24. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Thats awesome!! About 10 yrs ago I went thru the same thing, raising 3 kids on my own I had to sell several of my old rifles to pay some bills. Thank God a couple months ago I got to buy back 3 of my original rifles I sold, m27 finn, m38 and m91/59 mosin. Its nice to see them back in my collection for my kids and grand kids !!

Me? I'll be working on the passenger door on the 31 tudor.

25. 55 Ford Gasser

55 Ford Gasser

I booked this site last year. 200 or so feet from nearest neighbor camper. They are not doing the every other space, using all of them. I've got the nicest site, at least in my opinion, sits off by itself. No trees for shade, but that's alright.
    Looks like there will be lots of barbecuing going on. I just wish this social distancing thing wasn't going on, I'd like to have other campers join us. They could bring a side dish and I'd do the grilling. I also do some good ribs and wings.

Everyone stay safe this weekend and tell your Dad you love him. Ron

26. Tom, I have been doing the same thing, I started when the governor shut down business and I decided to clean up, organize and toss things that would never get used, the good parts are in several swap meet boxes and to be honest the whole shop is still in disarray.

I am making progress but I'm more than ready to get back to enjoying hot rods again. HRP

27. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Just another Sunday for me. Eat lunch, go to work about 3PM. No kids to bring me anything, one deceased, other in jail. My Dad is also deceased. Nothing to celebrate here.

3W JOHN likes this.
  28. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

We rented a total shit box boat today on Patoka Lake. Was a blast and currently sitting in The West Baden Hotel in French Lick Indiana! #BIRD #33 IMG_9595.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

29. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Very cool!
    Sent from my SM-G973U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. Check your conversations/ HRP

slim38 and 3W JOHN like this.