Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Is anyone missing their favorite car show?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by exterminator, Jun 17, 2020.

1. hotrodzmartin

hotrodzmartin

Hated that Lone Star Round Up canceled but hopefully it will be happen in fall!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. big bird

big bird

S.M.O.R.(e) show at Badgerow park and Syracuse...
    Hopefully Goomba Cuomo doesn't make them cancel Olcott beach...

3. primed34

primed34

I'd be packing to go to Bowling Green in the morning, but maybe it will still happen in August. I already really miss the Frog Follies. Been every year since '82 with my '34.

chryslerfan55 and Montana1 like this.
  4. j3harleys

j3harleys

Hot Rod Dirt Drags would have been last week end:( So we went to Yellowstone instead, It was cold and snowy. Nothing else for us till august. Unless those don't get cancelled.

5. I should be at LARS right now , oh well next year:(

chryslerfan55, Lil32 and j3harleys like this.
  6. Wizard

Wizard

Come live in PA and you must Bow to the King here Wolf. He has desimated this state and the Republicans finally had enough and are now pursuing his color coded shutdown here in court. Believe it starts next week. Word is he flocked to FL to his second home and his brothers during the shutdown here and let us suffer while the King wasn't even in the state! He speaks to no one, has no confreres with other house or senate personnel then interprets everything thru a trans man to woman on TV health dept. that we found out whatever it is now a man or woman background is nothing but a pediatrician. No credentials or anything in diseases or pandemics. Yeah, it has its citizens here in PA in a uproar and we can do nothing about it. He had health Dept. attack/come after a diner here in York a few months ago also for opening up. I don't know current situation or outcome on that one, citizens are starting to fight back here.

chryslerfan55 and Tman like this.
  7. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Columbus, NE Memorial Day weekend, this weekend Fathers Day would have been Ord, NE. I have missed a few at Columbus, and only 1 in Ord, this would have been year 46 in Columbus, and year 45 in Ord. I was planning to go to Salina again but will stay home, I don’t worry about car people, but with the amount of spectators there it worries me. If things open up here we will go to some different local shows then go back to larger shows next year.

8. 55driver

55driver

I've been to the first 4 trifive nationals, couldn't get time off for the 5th last year. This year I had the week of off, booked a suite and now the 6th nationals are cancelled. I'll try to make the out-a-sight drags in Union Grove Wi. on the 27th. Every thing else I can live without.

9. Like CRACK.........

10. Crocodile

Crocodile

I and my best friend would be headed out about noon tomorrow to stay with another friend in the burbs, and be around Back to the Fifties until we came back Monday. Big kick in the crotch for it to be cancelled. And I haven't finished my car, which is just about done, because my mood and motivation have suffered, I am "essential" so I did not have boring days to mess with it or anything. But I have pulled all-nighters to be ready for an event, and that fire isn't burning anymore...

chryslerfan55 and RRanchero Rick like this.
  11. Newport Hillclimb is still on as far as I know.

36DodgeRam likes this.
  12. Hot Rod Drag Week and Power Tour events are still on...

13. wicarnut

wicarnut

Missed going to Back to the 50's, all our local small town events cancelled out, the season is pretty slim this summer and so far with the best weather here in years.

Tman likes this.
  14. We are having a "father's day cruise in" at a local brewery this Sunday.
    Not a car show, but at least it's something...

15. I'd be almost to Bowling Green right now :( But I'm ready for it when August 20th gets here! And the nationals in Louisville :D I'll be there the 8th and 9th, Happy Birthday to me ;)

16. olds vroom

olds vroom

One of our local popular cruise night venues was hit with a $10,000 fine yesterday. There were well over 300 people there most without face masks . This particular venue started with only classics and hot rods but has been over run by off topic ( cars ) , bikes , and every day crap cars forcing our on topic cars to be turned away so I don’t feel bad for them.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

17. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Yes I Do Miss Hagerman Idaho...Always Fun... HAGERMAN 2016 018.JPG

chryslerfan55, Lil32 and Elcohaulic like this.
  18. After 35 years the annual Hot August Nights in Reno Nevada has been cancelled. This is a 10 day car event. Vehicles from all over the north american continent and a few street rods from Europe meet at this cool venue. Well there will be next year !
    Vic

OLDSMAN and Lil32 like this.
  19. Lil32

Lil32

us Aussies cannot fly out of our country
    bloody Govt
    had to cancel 2 months in USA May/June
    IMG_3049.JPG

20. I have only missed about 4 LA Roadster Shows since the first one.
    Damn right, the cancellation upsets me!

21. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Don't forget that Hershey has been canceled already! That's in October for cripes sake, I think your King sucks!!

22. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Yes, the Wexford Starlite.. The church got a new pastor and he sold part of the parking lot to Chick fil a... He pulled the plug on this cruise. They used to get 1000 to 3500 cars every week.. It was one of the biggest weekly car cruises in this country.. People cam all the way from Canada and Mexico to attend..

23. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I think next year we will appreciate more the shows we normally attend and took for granted.

Lil32 and dana barlow like this.
  24. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Last show I did was march 8 2020,I really miss our group drives now,often 3 to 5 hotrods going some were,lunch,dinner,shows. The shows were really just a great excuse to get together for a run an place to plan a lunch or dinner run ect.
    At my older age,it's looking like I'll have to keep any running around an meets,tell after I can get vac. C19 pro. tec.,an that could take tell 2021,who knows.

chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  25. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

117,000 people will never get to do their favorite stuff.so missing a few car shows is no big deal...Everyone be safe and healthy out there and this too will pass...

42merc, primed34, thintin and 5 others like this.
  26. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

It's going to be another nice weekend for LARS...Nice and cool. Too bad we can't have it.
    See you next year?

chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  27. I'm like everyone else, your darn right I miss them and all the people I have gotten to know over the years especially since some we don't get to see but once a year. HRP

dana barlow, chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.
  28. The Reaper

The Reaper
    from Visalia CA

Just make sure to go next year with a wallet full of cash and a trailer to haul your treasure finds home ! Because it'll be awesome !

Sent from my moto e5 plus using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

dana barlow and chryslerfan55 like this.
  29. Blake 27

Blake 27

LARS Fathers Day. I'd be on the road right now heading to LA. A bit of an empty feeling! Fathers Day (3).JPG

dana barlow, Dean Lowe and Lil32 like this.
  30. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Hard to miss what you never had !

The37Kid, chryslerfan55 and Lil32 like this.