Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical another whats it worth post

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Los_Control, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

Hoping someone can set me straight, This is not my car and has been listed for sale for several months ... Please delete if not appropriate. For some reason I think this is a pretty low priced car, and could make a lower offer.
    For some reason I think this might be a good project to get running, driving, stopping and licensed and flip it for a few dollars? ..... Wonder why nobody else is jumping on it. Has a great body style and a west TX car, looks like it needs all glass and I bet floor work because side windows are gone.
    Are the front windshields available? Rest of glass is flat.
    So my question is, assuming existing drivetrain can be brought back to life, running and driving on the street, what would a car like this be worth? Is there any value to these old heaps, or is it just me? The Bonded title is about $200 and pretty simple here ... non issue.

Up for sale is my 1958 ranchero (66A). Only 1,471 of these were made for 1958. 90 percent all there, motor turns freely and wheels are not locked up. It does have some rust but would be a great candidate to restore or just get road worthy and drive as is. You will have to file for a bonded title which usually only cost about $250. Can possibly have delivered for extra cost.im selling for $1300 price will go up with the more that gets done to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Given how rough it is, that looks like a parts car to me... $750 max.

3. Gangrene

Gangrene

1300 doesn't buy you much anymore. I'd try to beat him up a little on it, but seems reasonable to me. I really like the front of those.

49ratfink and Los_Control like this.
  4. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

If it was here in Idaho, it'd bring twice that ...

5. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

U WOULD HAVE TO WANT TO GO CRAZY TO TRY & SAVE THIS RUST BUCKET
    EASIER & CHEAPER TO BUY TURNKEY READY TO GO
    UNLESS U JUST GOT TO HAVE A 58
    IF SO I WOULD LOOK ELSEWHERE
    NEVER WOULD BE WORTH THE TIME OR FRUSTRATIONS NOT TO MENTION C A S H

Los_Control and Jalopy Joker like this.
  6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

I agree with DERPR30 --"has some rust" - run, do not walk, away - you will sink a ton of money & time into this and lose money - much better to spend more up front for a solid ride - there is a reason that this thing has not sold -

Los_Control likes this.
  7. Guess you won't get a good consensus on this one. Myself, I don't think the price is too far off. Maybe a thousand bucks would get it. It doesn't look that bad to me. Most of what needs repair or replacing is things that you would change on any project. 390/4 speed would bolt right in there, it already as a 9 inch rear.

scrap metal 48 and Los_Control like this.
  8. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I will make you a deal. You fix it , body drive train etc. and I will give you $2,000.00 . Just don’t count your labor or parts:D Kidding aside if it were in Oregon I would go look it over. I don’t need it but a ‘57 to ‘59 I would like. But (Ahem) you would make more money buying my 1927 Model T Tudor and flop it . Just saying:oops:

Los_Control likes this.
  9. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

All good opinions. Seems it really is not worth what I think it would be ... My thought was, just possible it was vandalized, every window in it except wings seem broken, could be why it was parked. The rust in rear quarters is from water sitting in the bed, little tricky repairing but not bad ... I assume rusty floor boards because of windows.
    The frame here in West Texas will be surface rust only, if any. Those old 6's were pretty tough and it is not stuck.

I guess I was thinking, fix the floor, repair the glass, new tires, brakes, shocks fix fuel system, upholster seat, minor body work and match the existing paint ... just a driver and not a restoration. maybe $2500-$3k into it, and worth maybe $3k-$5k?
    Right now I am getting a feeling their is not a lot of love for these old Rancheros, I can see where it may turn out bad.
    For me to keep it, would require a straight axle and a y block.

10. It just has too much rust. I can see rust in the rockers, all along the lower edges of the quarterpanels, under the taillights, tailgate, above the headlights, and I'm sure the floors as well as the bed. Add in unseen rust (there's usually about 30% more you can't see when they're this rusty) and you're talking major repairs. 'Minor' body work isn't going to address these issues unless you're thinking chicken wire and bondo repair...

As for the 'love' thought, these are fairly popular but don't bring big money unless they're very nice.

Los_Control likes this.
  11. You asking 1300.00 for the 27?

SR100 likes this.
  12. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Being a Ranchero lover and have had 4 of them. I drove a 58 (with '57 nose) that I picked up in a trade, back when I was dating my wife. It was a good looking ride but was about 50% bondo. The '57-58 Fords DID NOT survive well, rust wise, in the northeast.
    That Ranchero looks pretty solid (by northern standards) to me. I think if you were to ONLY repair any metal issues, get it somewhat "paint ready" and maybe replace the windshield, it could be a $5000+ builder for someone up here in Rust World...IMO

Gangrene and 49ratfink like this.
  13. chopped

chopped

For a flip, not a great deal. I'd be all over it for a fun project thou.

flatford39 likes this.
  14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

parts car? PARTS CAR!! .... too much rust? bunch of girlie men here. it would be fun to list that car with those photos here in the Bay Area for $750.00 just to see how many phone calls I'd get.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

funny how the comments run to one end of the scale or the other from leave it to I'd pay double.

projects like this is what separates the men from the boys. craftsmen from the booger welders.

Gangrene and hotrodjack33 like this.
  16. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

Thank's @Crazy Steve ... I respect your opinion and love your wiring tutorials, learned a lot from them.
    Out here in the shop on my dirty computer screen, I saw what was surface rust on the rockers I thought would buff out, I blew up the photos and see the bubbles ... they are worse then I thought. I blame water sitting in the bed over the years.
    I still think the car needs to be saved, just not by me. I already have a project underway.

17. A friend has one in his yard. Pretty much all there. 312 tri power going to need body work and interior, glass is there and he wants 5,195. I thought it was a little steep, but he buy's and sells a lot so i guess he feels that is a good place to start.

Los_Control likes this.