Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Carlisle starts tomorrow? Maybe not?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigbob55, Jun 17, 2020.

1. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

2. Wow. Interesting. See how this turns out as I'm sure many vendors and spectators are there or enroute.

BJR and scrap metal 48 like this.
  3. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

The Pa. State Assembly overrode Gov. Wolf's Emergency Order Edict. It "should" be able to go on.

mctim64 likes this.
  4. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I sure feel for the vendors who are there...lot's of empty prime spaces
    upload_2020-6-17_10-11-24.png

5. scrappybunch

scrappybunch
    from nj

Just spoke with a freind that has 2 spots there. Says it is slowly filling up, but still some empty spaces.

51 BIRD likes this.
  6. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Don't get me wrong. I am not disputing the fact that most vendors with spaces paid for are not going to show. I am only saying with this lawsuit posting that hit the news I feel bad for those that have committed to set up and vend are not going to get the amount of buyers they expect. I have been vending for 25+ years and the expense of getting there, paying $109.00 a space (I get 3) paying for a motel then have nobody (or few) show up to buy is really going to hurt. I've been waiting 3+ month's to get back on the swap meet "trails" but glad I didn;t go this week after seeing this.

7. Thanks for the update. With the expected rain possibility it’s nice to know the turnout before I make the long trip.

chevy57dude and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Sounds like it's going to be a cluster fxxk to me.

9. fuzzface

fuzzface

250 people? Won't be nobody but vendors if they close the gate at 250 people.

10. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Don, I thought you could spell better than that! :rolleyes:

hotrodjack33 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. Gov. Wolf's orders are still in effect until the courts decide if they can be overturned. This is bad for the venders but Carlise productions knew the 250 people limit but still went forward.

XXL__ likes this.
  12. The only time I’ve seen 250 people at a vender’s spot was when he accidentally left a zero off the price tag.

13. scrappybunch

scrappybunch
    from nj

About an hour ago. car.jpg

14. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Ya it sounds like a C/F and generally screwed up. I have probably 25 fellow vendors at or en route so I should get a pretty honest evaluation tomorrow when it opens to buyers. I honestly don't know what to expect? Will they actually have people counting how many enter? Geez there are already 2000 people between vendors and employees of Carlisle events already in the gate before it opens? fellow vendors are saying empty spaces are filling up so Vendors are coming no matter what. I have been waiting for 3+ months to get restarted after being shutdown in early March with shows cancelling and have a swap at Clark county FG in Springfield Ohio next weekend so really interested on how this turns out...And you are right Daddy_0 just call it a protest instead of a swap meet and all the rules and regulations don't count

lothiandon1940 likes this.

16. tjm73

tjm73

I am not surprised. Sounds like they just ignored the States instructions. Pretty sure I said this would happen. The State will step in.

CARLISLE, Pa. (WHTM) — The Pennsylvania Department of Health is suing Carlisle Events to stop its Spring Carlisle car show.

The Department of Health is concerned for the spread of COVID-19, as the event expects up to 100,000 visitors and it would violate the 250 person gathering limit outlined in Governor Wolf’s Green Phase of reopening.

According to the complaint, on June 9, Carlisle Events inquired to the Department of Community & Economic Development about a waiver that would permit Spring Carlisle to exceed the 250-person limit. The DCED responded saying it must follow all green phase guidance issued by the Department of Health, including the limit of no gatherings larger than 250 people at a time.

The Secretary of Health requested that Carlisle Events respond in writing by 7 p.m. on June 16, to confirm that all event organizers will adhere to all orders, including the 250-person limitation, and no response was received.

According to Carlisle Event’s website, it plans to proceed with Spring Carlisle. It did announce it was canceling the in-person action this week.

“Waiting for guidance from council, no further comment,” Mike Garland, Public relations manager for Carlisle Events said.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  17. tjm73

tjm73

I read the lawsuit as filed. Pretty straight forward. If the court issues the requested injunction the show will simply be shut down. I imagine vendors will be told to pack up and vacate the property.

18. Congrats, you just won the “Most Appropriate Avatar” award. ;)

loudbang, RM209 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  19. It was just on the local news, not shut down yet.
    The interview with a Carlisle rep indicated they aren't backing down.
    So it's a battle of willpower. We'll see soon if Gov. Wolfie poo has a set.

20. To paraphrase..... "Rust Lives Matter!"
    March and occupy, brothers and sisters. :rolleyes:

21. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

250 attendees max no matter how big the venue? How many acres is Carlisle again? Mindless edicts.

Muttley, chopped, Charlie K and 2 others like this.
  22. ol'stinky

ol'stinky
    from New Jersey

Swap meets are full of rusty used parts that might have otherwise been thrown away. By purchasing from a swap meet you are technically recycling. If they declare it a "Pro-Recycling protest to raise awareness of environmental issues" they would be allowed to have as many people as they want.

loudbang, Muttley, ahshoe and 2 others like this.
  23. The37Kid

The37Kid

This should be fun to watch. Feel bad for everyone loosing money on this deal. Bob

24. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Was there today. It looked like a typical set up day: 1/3 the typical vendors and spectators. Easy to social distance. I would imagine numbers will increase over the next 2 days, but probably not beyond 50% of typical; and less if crappy weather arrives. After being on couch arrest since March 1, it was very refreshing. I hope this paves the way for other events later in the year. You’re probably at greater risk at the grocery store. 82 acres is a lot of room to spread out.

Attached Files:

25. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Well...The plot thickens: Carlisle events response to Commandant Wolf is below
    upload_2020-6-17_20-59-48.png

26. You can contract tetanus from rusty parts..... so I’ve been told.

chevy57dude and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. noboD

noboD

Haven't been to Carlisle events for several years, but they have moved up on my respect list. If Hershey park can open why not Carlisle? If the Governor can march on a crowded street with protesters why can't Carlisle happen?If State owned liquor stores can open, well you get my drift.

loudbang, Jibs, TagMan and 6 others like this.
  28. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

:rolleyes:

29. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We were at carlisle 10 years ago and had a blast. Went back last fall , boring as anything . Empty plots . Lots of imported tools. Don’t think we would bother again.

sidevalve8ba and lothiandon1940 like this.
  30. The37Kid

The37Kid

How is the haircut industry doing down there?

Bob